Which is Better: Amazon, Ebay, or other

T

train

Personally - amazon was always good for textbooks... but Ebay has always been all my other purchases...

so for me... Ebay...:cool:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I refuse to use Amazon for anything, since they aren't really the seller and I can find things directly from the seller. Ebay..... some things but not much.....

D

DarthFerret

Can I say Craigslist? I prefer to deal with people locally, be able to handle the product and transaction directly, and have no shipping fees/wait times involved.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'll say eBay, though lately I've been finding the best deals on Buy.com. Amazon has always been an online bookstore and to me, that's what they'll always be, even though you can get other stuff there now. IMO, eBay has a better variety of things, plus you can sell stuff easily and if you go through online storefronts and use the "Buy it Now" option, it's just as reliable as Amazon.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I've never bought anything on eBay. But I have bought some things on Amazon. One of their merchants tried to rip me off, sending me a completely broken product and then claiming after I sent it back that it wasn't broken and worked fine and that I was trying to cheat him somehow. But Amazon did end up giving me a full refund after I wrote to them, so I guess that's a plus for them.

T

train

Cool to know the refund thing worked out...

I've seen ebay's guarantee more now - but wonder how many times they have to pay out... Guess it's their insurance revenue...