Which do you prefer: Old forums layout, or new?

T

train

I'm a little preferenced on the new one, for ease and visibility sake... much easier on the eyes thinks me...

turgy22

Nothing Special
I like the new one, in general, but it's a pain in the butt trying to format quoted posts with lots of line breaks, like we get during the Magic games. That's really the only thing that actively bothers me about the new forums.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
I like the new one, in general, but it's a pain in the butt trying to format quoted posts with lots of line breaks, like we get during the Magic games. That's really the only thing that actively bothers me about the now forums.
Eh? Elaborate please. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I like the old ones right now because it seemed to have more options than this one (most I stated in the thread in General, like having Sub-forums on top, choosing how far back to see threads displayed, posts having numbers for reference). Also, I haven't mentioned this one yet, but for threads with multiple pages, I'd like it to be more obvious which page I'm on because the color difference between what page I'm on and not is too light to be noticeable.

I think turgy22 means that bug I stated earlier in that thread, about how when you quote a post, carriage returns weren't being displayed yet when you hit the submit button, they are. Not sure if that got fixed as I stopped using the Quote button and am just copying and pasting the previous post.

D

DarthFerret

Ok, honestly, I like the new style quite a bit. I do not much care for the color scheme that it currently uses. The pink quotes bother me a bit, and the baby blue is a bit light colored. I prefered the darker shades as it contrasted well. Other than coloring, I have not found any other issue that I really cannot handle. The bolding of the threads with new posts is nice, and I still use that rather than notice the different icons (could be due to thier lighter color as well).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I like the new style, as it's easier on the eyes...... although the color scheme could be better..... the old style was like an old blanky... you are used to it and feel comfortable with it.......

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The new way is interesting, but I like the older format better. I'm still a bit miffed about the limited search capabilities, since strolling down nostalgia lane was one of my very favorite things on this site. For example, searching up my name yields a search result that extends to only last year April.

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

So, I have this software I developed for Upper Deck that tracks card development. And as such, I can relate to Ed just sitting there lurking and popping in on a thread like this. :)

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
The new way is interesting, but I like the older format better. I'm still a bit miffed about the limited search capabilities, since strolling down nostalgia lane was one of my very favorite things on this site. For example, searching up my name yields a search result that extends to only last year April.

Ransac, cpa trash man
I did up the results to 500, though I'm aware that you obviously have a lot more posts than that. :) However, I have an idea and it's on the "to do" list; I just have to get to it.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
So, I have this software I developed for Upper Deck that tracks card development. And as such, I can relate to Ed just sitting there lurking and popping in on a thread like this. :)
Ok, the timing on this was just eerie... :)

T

theorgg

I'd really like a 'forum jump' dropdown box at the bottom of threads. Those are very useful.