Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R/U/w Star Spangled Slaughter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give up Magic you suck

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
R

rkoelsch

I am trying to decide which deck I should use the next time I go to the local card shop. They play type II or draft for their FNM.
Both of these are aggro control decks which is what I feel comfortable playing. We usually have enough people there to play 4 rounds of swiss breaking down to a top 4. As far as metagame goes last time I was there opposition decks were king with a U/G and a U/G/r making it to the finals. There was a star spangled slaughter and a rocket shoes variant made top 4.

1st WWu(Sleight Mage)

4-Devoted Caretaker
4-Meddling Mage
4-Spectral Lynx
4-Galina's Knight
4-Lieutenant Kirtar
2-Blind Seer

4-Glorious Anthem
4-Peek
4-Syncopate
3-Shelter
2-Dismantling Blow

4-Adarkar Wastes
3-Caves of Koilos
2-Skycloud Expanse
2-Dromar's Cavern
1-Coastal Tower
1-Salt Marsh
2-Island
6-Plains

2-U/R/W good stuff

4-Meddling Mage
4-Lightning Angel
2-Rakavolver

4-Fire/Ice
4-Firebolt
4-Peek
4-Prophetic Bolt
4-Counterspell
2-Urza's Rage
2-Fact or Fiction
2-Orim's Thunder

4-Shivan Reef
4-Battlefield Forge
2-Skycloud Expanse
3-Plains
4-Mountains
7-Islands

G

Griffith_se

Originally posted by rkoelsch
There was a star spangled slaughter and a rocket shoes variant made top 4.
I would say the first one then.

R

rkoelsch

I have decided to go with the U/R/w good stuff deck. Thanks.

C

Captain Caveman

So, how'ed you do?

I thought about trying this type of deck the next time we play T2
but I don't have the Angels. Could I sub in Ftk that slot and come out ok?

R

rkoelsch

Haven't had a chance to play yet. I need to get a Friday night off first. Won't be this week but I put in for next Friday. I will let you know how it goes. I think FTK would work fine in a creature heavy environment.

R

rkoelsch

I have been sitting at my desk goldfishing the Star Spangled Slaughter and I don't feel comfortable with it. I can understand that it seems to have the more powerful cards but I am not comfortable taking that much pain from my land. So I realize that though Star Spangled Slaughter is the better deck it is not the right deck fro me. Has anyone else encountered this?

R

rkoelsch

I get to play tonight. It would be nice to play once a week or once every other week but it looks like I can only squeeze in once a month. I am going to try and write a tournament report. Have a question if Psychatog is so popular do you think I should put Obsidian Acolyte in my SB?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Why not Teferi's Moat? It stop infiltrators, too.

Actually, the Acolyte isn't a bad choice, because I just realize it can't be recoiled. Go with your instincts on this one.

Ransac,cpa trash man