Which creature ability do you want to see back?

Which one ability do you most want to see reprinted?

• Alpha's Banding

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Legend's Rampage

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Mirage Block's Flanking

• Tempest Block's Shadow

• Onslaught Block's Morph

• Mirrodin Block's Sunburst

• Mirrodin Block's Indestructible

• OTHER (please write in the thread what it is)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
N

Notepad

This thread is to vote on and discuss which creature ability you would like to see return to Magic.

We have seen the return of Slivers, so we know WotC would consider reprinting creature mechanics and perhaps abilities. Double Strike is here to stay, so there is no need to include that in the vote.

The question of this poll boils down to:
If you could choose only one of these creature abilities to be reprinted, which one would you like to see in a future set/block?

This thread and poll relate to creature abilities. General mechanics are covered in the other thread. This poll will be open for voting for 14 days after being posted.

Have fun discussing!

R

Reverend Love

I'd like to see Rampage make a comeback. One it's a dang cool keyworded ability...it even sounds cool, "Rampage". The word definitely conjures forth pictures of an unstoppable rage filled beast. Also it wouldn't really be difficult to come up with some rampage enablers on WoTC's part.

N

Notepad

It would be nice if they brought back Rampage and just errata'd the ability so that it is "Rapage X (for each creature that blocks THIS, THIS gets +X/+X)" rather than the whole "beyond the first" the way it is now. Yes, a handful of the old rampagers would become terribly strong, but nowhere near totally broken.

I

Istanbul

Flanking was easy to understand, not overpowered, and fun. It's got my vote.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I liked banding but also agree about flanking.

I thought Rampage is basically back with cards like Stalking Tiger and such...

C

chocobo_cid

I would like banding, if it didn't mean that message boards would fill up even more with their rules questions.:D

I vote Flanking. It wrecks decks when you got Nemesis Mask and a Gamg of Elks.

N

Notepad

I went with Flanking because--as much as I would like to see errata to Rampage--I knew it works well rules-wise and is likely to come back. Plus, I really enjoy the idea of how it works.

It needs to come back and get spread around all possible flankers. Knights, horses, unicorns, really fast goats, sexy half-naked elves with high heels...these could all use an flanking infusion. Wait, except that last one.

As for the errata to Rampage, I think for example, rather than the clunky text Gang of Elk has, with the "errata rampage" it would merely read "Rampage 2." :D

M

mythosx

all good abilities. But they should defenitely bring banding back. And this time around they should really clean it up. Same thing for rampage. They should, like some one said earlier errata old rampage to reflect that neo-rampage.

What I really want for christmas are my Tims back...And no I'm not talking about those cheezy labels that they use at wizards for us consumers. And no not talking about Timmy, the power gamer.

M

mythosx

sure it does. No more chump blocking if you have rampage and trample. Craw giant was a beast. I lost to a craw giant with a lure when i was playing my sliver deck. I just made a bajillion slivers on my turn, and the guy across from me mopped me up with a single craw giant after he put a lure on it. It was aweful.

13NoVa

OTHER-PHASING!!

imagine a duplicant with phasing, or like morph creatures have comeintoplay effects?

when this is phased in, it does 1 damge to each other creature....

UGH

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by mythosx
lost to a craw giant with a lure when i was playing my sliver deck.
Were it not for Nemesis Mask/ Lure then Rampage would not make sense without banding. :rolleyes:

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by 13NoVa
OTHER-PHASING!!

imagine a duplicant with phasing, or like morph creatures have comeintoplay effects?

when this is phased in, it does 1 damge to each other creature....

UGH
No. No phasing, ever again. I would have to hit R&D with a bus.

M

mythosx

Phasing is fine. The problem is the idea of phasing and sliding existing side by side would give the weaker minded people a hard time distinguishing. I liked phasing. For once it gave blue stronger creatures at lower costs. The problem was you only got them for half the time.

YEAH, I LIKE BLUE. BRING IT TRAIN!

M

mythosx

With the exception of urza's block and the power nine, Blue totally sucks. Blue works great with other colors. But if you play straight blue you can basically reach over and kiss your behind goodbye. People don't realize it but constantly shuffling through your cards, unsummoning stuff and drawing counter spells way too late is super weak sack. Blue cards on the whole are weak. If they don't like how strong blue is, they should instead of taking away my prodigal sorcerers figure a way to isolate the colors more. Green as a color can do everything just fine on its own. They say black and blue were too strong, but they are wrong.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
People don't realize it but constantly shuffling through your cards, unsummoning stuff and drawing counter spells way too late is super weak sack
If you're doing all of that then you're misusing blue :) You should already have most of your counters already in your hand, ready to be used...

I agree that monoblue does not have a good representation of a good deck (that I'm aware of, perhaps there's one out there - maybe a Merfolk/Fish deck?), but it probably can be done. Blue can handle pretty much everything, from bounce to counter to good creatures (Morphling), which is all you really need once you get control of the game. And it has the best card-drawing of all the colors, which pretty much pushes it over the top.

Green doesn't have any real removal - well, I guess it depends what format you play. Desert Twister is available for older formats. But if Stompy runs out of steam, it's got nothing for it in the long game (which is pretty much the intent - you gotta roll your opponent soon). So I wouldn't say it could handle everything, at least the way I'm thinking about it, as in a control deck.

C

chocobo_cid

They say black and blue were too strong, but they are wrong.
Okay... Fine. I'll just cast infiltrate on phage when she's got a sleeper's cloak on.

Might as well have said:

wite is the bomb suxors!!!!1!!!1