Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Larger brick-and-mortar stores in your area

• Trading + small purchases from friends

• Total voters
K

KingAlanI

Where do you get your Magic cards? (check all sources that you use on a fairly regular basis)

Myself, I sometimes use eBay, and I often hit the local card shop (Boldo's Armory - www.boldo.com). Maybe I make small purchases/trades with friends.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I haven't bought a card since 2004. Looking to maybe change that at some point in the future to update my rather crappy collection, but I'm broke (paying $900 for school tomorrow, actually) for now.

Tag Guard

D

DarthFerret

I almost never buy cards, however when I do buy some, I like going to the small shops. I have been a collector since the beginning (beta), and have speant way too much money on this game as it is!....

Tag Guard

L

Limited

I get everything of ebay.. local stores aren't stocked very well.

Killer Joe

HEY! I resemble that accusation!

Okay, as for the question: If I can I buy from local stores, why? Because I believe in local economics, sure I can get a box for a cheaper price online but I'd rather give the money to my neighbor (community neighbor) and buy cards from the local store. As for now I get my boxes as a "gift" for volunteering my time judging.

I used to trade alot but not much anymore.

K

KingAlanI

Killer Joe said:
HEY! I resemble that accusation!

Okay, as for the question: If I can I buy from local stores, why? Because I believe in local economics, sure I can get a box for a cheaper price online but I'd rather give the money to my neighbor (community neighbor) and buy cards from the local store. As for now I get my boxes as a "gift" for volunteering my time judging.

I used to trade alot but not much anymore.
Not to mention that you don't have to wait for your item or pay shipping. Sometimes, you're "in the neighrborhood" anyways. :)
Local cardstore, among other things, would be great for specific common stuff you need (such as lands) that, considering the low value-per-item, wouldn't be worth shipping (or covering the seller's eBay fees on)

Killer Joe

I used to go a store In Syracuse called Altered States (I think), they had a huge variety of singles and at a good price, too. Right next door was Speghetti Warehouse which was also a good thing about going to Altered States! :D