When are Dual Lands leaving 1.X ?

Killer Joe

I'm assuming that they WILL leave extended, in fact, I think they're on life support now as it is since Revised has been rotated out of Extended.
Anyone know for sure?

A

arhar

I don't think we can tell for sure, since the set they are in rotated out already, and WOTC made an exception, for the first time ever. Does that mean they're planning to keep them in forever? Who knows.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't they revise Extended around a year ago? How long before that did they revise Extended? I'd use that as a time frame for when it's next up for review (meaning they're probably in for another 2 years, at least).

M

Mr_Pestilence

If WotC is going to leave Dual Lands in Extended, I wish they would reprint them at some point, because even the "newest" dual lands are about 6 years old. Since playing in sleeves was rare in the beginning, most dual lands have some degree of play wear.

You can find usable copies of duals at $10-12, but truly mint ones are generally higher.

I know WotC has said they won't reprint dual lands, but maybe they could put them out in some kind of "commemerative" or "collector's" set, or even create an exchange progam, so the number of duals doesn't increase, but the overall quality of the cards could be increased.

I'd also like to see this for the power 9.

G

Gizmo

End of the year.
Expect to see Ice Age, Alliance, and Homelands go out, and probably 5th Edition.
The question of Dual Lands will be decided then.