What's your favorite ??? CC card?

B

BigBlue

Where ??? are 3 of the same colored mana...

Like Ball Lightning - RRR
or
Necropotence - BBB
etc.

(Yes, I am this bored... at least it looks like I'm not the only person who thinks we should have a hall of shame...)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Necropotence...

I know it's so huge that it's one of the two examples you gave and it's a broken card. I would have loved to have picked something else that's not quite as iconic or infamous. I like Pox, Charisma, Infernal Contract/Cruel Bargain, Kaervek's Spite, Doomsday, Seismic Assault, and, of course, Ball Lightning.

Actually, it really looks like all the coolest CCC cards are black. Yeah, I'd probably pick Kaervek's Spite. But I'm compelled to choose Necropotence. I was a loyal Necropotence player for a long time. I later shifted toward even more ridiculous cards like Yawgmoth's Bargain, Tolarian Academy, and Dream Halls. But Necropotence will always hold a special place for me because I played the thing so much and in so many different decks. If I had a nickel for every time I went Dark Ritual, Necropotence on the first turn, I'd have at least been able to buy some dual lands or something...

D

DarthFerret

Reality Twist...

This card is really great (if you do not mind stalling out the game with Cumulative upkeep). Expecially since the only color it does not effect is Blue!...

Couple this in a Stasis deck with Time Elementals, Stasis, Winter Orb and Boomerangs and you have a recipie that will give your opponent one heck of a headache!

R

rokapoke

Charisma.

For UUU, you can make your Tim an unstoppable Control Magic machine. Very, very blue.

B

BigBlue

No love for Farmstead? Or Game of Chaos? Nobody loves Erosion? Blood of the Martyr? Cleansing?

I'm going w/ Necropotence too... I think Black works best, since you get BBB for the Ritual... it's the only color with a very viable turn 1 ??? (unless you're counting Black Lotus, but who can afford one...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going with Seismic Assault... that's pretty much the only card I've actually played with for any amount of time and it was in my Manabarbs deck for a while... the rest of them I either haven't played or only played when I had to (like in Mindmaster games :) )

N

Nightstalkers

That's an easy one. Game of Chaos

The main crucial card in my favorite deck of all... The coin flipping deck!

The one deck where if I play it against you, you'd better supply your own coin for the flipping. I have a collection of double headed coins that I love to use.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
rokapoke said:
Charisma.

For UUU, you can make your Tim an unstoppable Control Magic machine. Very, very blue.
Psst. Use it with Hermetic Study on Horseshoe Crab and steal everything. Your opponents will love you.