What's Up with...

I

Ihsans Shade

Hey, can anybody tell me what is up with the card Barrin's Unmasking?, a blue instant that's in Invasion? I mean story line kinda stuff. Nearest I can tell is that either Barrin is a Phyrexian spy, or that Urza sends him to the Phyrexian's to spy, and they find out.

Searching for the truth...
Ihsan's Shade

R

Rando

I don't have the card on me, but I thought it was Unmaking, not Unmasking. But...I may be wrong.

D

DÛke

...everyone notice how much I love the word "UNMASK"?
Any card with that in it is good.

Barrin's Unmasking?
Hmmmm, I don't know, I hope he turns out to be a Phy spy.
I like stuff like that. I like treachery.

N

Namielus

I think that urza send barrin to gather info on the invasion in pherixia and he was caught, or cause of his 'slight' crazyness after finding him wife dead he started to use the mentalidy of 'barrin kill all life'.

N

nodnarb24

I got an invasion fat pack yesterday and the invasion spoiler that came with it shows "unmaking"

C

Cateran Emperor

I have the card in front of me, it's BARRIN'S UNMAKING. No 's'.

C

Cateran Emperor

I know, it was hard to tell ya DUke. But someone had to say it . . . :D

N

Namielus

The picture isn't really easy to tell though, cause neither guy looks like barrin (unless he had a face lift).

I'm thinking that barrin is the guy with black hair and be just slipped or something, IE the unmaking part.

H

Hetemti

Looks to me like Barrin and Teferi made a deal, Barrin gives Teferi an A on the final exam at the Tolarian Academy for some rinkle removal and hair restoration spells.

They could have done so much with the storyline, yet the dropped the ball.
I wanted to see Barrin get pissed about Urza ordering him around like he was some pimp, and try to take him on. Sure, Barrin's no planeswalker, but at least Barrin wouldn't look like a pansy and Urza would actually DO something. What has he done since...what...Saga? He smacked Mishra, slapped his forehead, and went camping with Multani. Urza, Action Hero! With Kung-Fu Grip!
...oh, yeah...he unleashed his Rage against the (Phyrexian's) Machine. Rock on. ROCK!

But what happens? Barrin craps the bed, eats a beeble, and spontainiously combusts, leaving stains all over the ruins of Tolaria. Biiiig whoop.

I miss Jaya Ballard! What ever happened to her?...