Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else? (Post!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Istanbul

I'm currently (theoretically) engaged in a trade with someone on here...let's call him Seismic Mage (no reference to the real Seismic Mage, if there is one on here, intended).

Seismic Mage claims to have sent cards to me several weeks ago.
Seismic Mage is no longer answering my PMs, e-mails, or replying to my trade post.
I didn't send my cards out (thankfully) because I'd never traded with Seismic Mage before.

What should I do?

Should I just hope Seismic Mage's cards arrive (they'll complete two seperate decks for me) and wait forever?
Should I post a warning...not saying that Seismic Mage is a bad trader, but warning about a tendency to ignore communication?
Should I assume his cards aren't going to show, and try to trade for them some other way, returning the cards if they arrive?

Looking for suggestions/opinions. I know what I WANT to do, but I realize that my perspective may be a little skewed due to the fact that I'm IN the trade.

BTW, no, the member hasn't gone inactive. I know he was here tonight. Also, his e-mail address didn't bounce.

R

rkoelsch

I think you should post asking for a response. Maybe someone has traded with him. I know I have had some problems getting cards out but luckily everyone has been patient with me. There could be other things going on in his life. If others have sucessfully traded with him then you can either wait or cancel the trade. If noone has succesfully traded with him then he should be labeled a bad trader. I thought there was a sticky in the trading post about bad traders. just my opinion.

U

Ura

Maybe this will help as its what I usually do.

First is sending arrangment, who sends first or simul stuff. You have this taken care of from the looks of it by having him send first.

Second is the waiting period. I have found with my own trading in Canada and the US that 2 weeks is the standard waiting period for all normal post mail. This gives usually lenient time for post offices on both ends and well as the routers to get it all sorted and going the right way, actual shipping is only 3 days travel, its the sorting that takes forever. You yourself Isty do admit your local postal system to be laggy. :)
However, at the end of this two weeks from ship date if the cards have not arrived then i send a message asking if there were any problems, delays, ect. If there are not then I wait a third week in case its just postal system lag. If the cards don't arrive by the end of that third week then I message the person I was trading with by both post to the thread the deal was struck from (for public record) and by e-mail terminating the deal. If the cards arrive after that time by more then a few days, then I just send them back unopened* unless I'm really desperate, then I'll appologize and ask if they wish to restart the trade. ;)
Also I only usually follow these rules for deals of significant value. A trade of one or two junk rares or some uncommons I don't sweat over and I'll just wait for them to get here while tormenting the trader with pointless e-mails.

* putting things like wrong address, deceased, or moved all work well for this and often save you the postage. Only works if there is a return address on the envelope. :D

D

Darkstar

I being ripped before, know all about what you are describing. If he doesnt rreturn your emails or pms, he is probally hoping you have sent or are going to send. However, if he suposedly sent first, then you have nothing to worry. It is obvious you are a good trader, and either he is holding out, or he being blessed with bad luck his cards have fallen prey to the less than reliable postal servicemen and women. I have had some reciving mail take upto and including 3 weeks of sending, arive at my door. A package being sent to me from nova scotia took 23 days to get to my local post office. I dont know why, I have nothing against trading with members in canada, but it seems to take longer to send and recieve. Non the less, the best aspect you can hold is patience, wait and see what happens. If he continues to ignor your attempts at communication, i would simply move on and assume he hasnt sent. And if you have done this and his cards showup the next day, do what any honest cpa patron would do, send them back. Hope i was of some help. Good luck.

A

arhar

I think you should wait a week more, and if the cards don't arrive, assume that he didn't send. And regardless of anything, imho you should post his name, because someone else may be trading with him right now, about to be ripped off and not knowing it.

I

Istanbul

Well, I should be fair...he FIRST said he would send them on the 25th. That was three weeks ago. Then he said he'd send them on the 28th, and THAT was the last communication from him. Two and a half weeks ago.

Still, I've sent cards to Singapore in less than two weeks.

I'm not posting his name until I have some kind of resolution. He's online right now, on the boards. If I get something from him, fine. If he leaves without sending anything, I'll report the details.

I

Istanbul

The person in question is Landkiller.
I just got a PM from him.

He hasn't sent yet. Oh, but if I want him to, he will...when he gets around to it. Two and a half weeks plus who-knows-how-long late.

Trade CANCELLED.

M

menolikeygurus

That sucks istanbul...seems like you stumbled upon one of those bad apples

L

Landkiller

Istanbul...i want you to know I never read or saw this thread until now. I left my response on the Bad Trader thread. I'm sorry. I never realized you were this angry, or I would have taken it more seriously to begin with. I just procrastinated.

I

Istanbul

Procrastinating for THREE WEEKS was irresponsible.
Ignoring all attempts at communication was rude.

People who are rude and irresponsible shouldn't be trading online.

Status
Not open for further replies.