What to do with Anthem of Rakdos?

L

Limited

Anthem of Rakdos 2BRR
Enchantment
Whenever a creature you control attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn and Anthem of Rakdos deals 1 damage to you.
Hellbent — As long as you have no cards in hand, if a source you control would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals double that damage to that creature or player instead.

I love this card and think its playable either with or without hellbent, but feel there could be more to it..

I'm thinking you could add white and play with a Sphere of Law or Sphere of Grace, meaning you never take damage from the Anthem. This would also give you acces to Spiritlink things, like Paladin of Prahv, which make up for the damage by gaining you a lot of life.

Or, capitalize on receiving damage and play with stuff like Blood Hound?

But I really want to try to attack with a couple of creature, take the damage and then empty my hand to give all my creatures the double-damage bonus.

I'm thinking stuff like Putrid Imp, Vampire Hounds etc.. perhaps even Double Strikers like Ridgetop Raptor? Boros Swiftblade?

Anthusiast.dec said:
Creatures (30)
3x Boros Swiftblade
2x Cackling Witch
4x Devout Witness
4x Nekrataal
2x Paladin of Prahv
4x Putrid Imp
4x Rakdos Guildmage
3x Ridgetop Raptor
4x Vampire Hounds
Spells (6)
4x Anthem of Rakdos
1x Sphere of Law
1x Sphere of Grace
Lands (24)
3x Rakdos Carnarium
3x Boros Garrison
3x Orzhov Basilica
8x Swamp
4x Mountain
3x Plains
Will this do anything? Comments?

(PS I really like finding a place for Cackling Witch..)

H

hrothmar

Typical rakdos; all out attack, risk it all and maybe make a fine smouldering crater where your first opponent used to be....I like it.

However: Vulnerable to mass removal(also typical rakdos)

Methinks, The Rakdos Dilemma (ludlum?) boils down to this: do you want to play duel or multiplayer?

L

Limited

I play multiplayer almost exclusively..

What I like about the Anthem, is that you don't have to go hellbent to benefit from it.. but as you know every multiplayer games eventually becomes a dual and then it could be a valid option.

S

sageridder

How about adding loxodon warhammer, or o-naginata, conserted effort might be good in there as well.

D

DarthFerret

It is not a type 2 legal manuver, but it sounds like it would work good with earthquakes, and other critter hitters (provided you have Hellbent running...)

H

hrothmar

Limited said:
every multiplayer games eventually becomes a duel and then it could be a valid option.
Indeed.. and with this deck you'll get there fast :)

BTW Crypt champion (?)