What Questions do YOU want Mark Rosewater to answer?

T

theorgg

I've gotten an agreement from Public Relations about interviewing Mark Roswater--Now I need to know what questions you want him asked.

Remember: MaRo was the editor of Duelist in it's final few days and probably has a few good opinions on Topdeck and the like...

M

Mundungu

I thought there was a similar thread not so long ago.

Should you not ask for supplementary questions as compared to what has already been asked ?

I would ask one question again : is there any discussion about changing some basic design in the game : max # of cards per deck, or deck size ? (e.g. a card could say cannot have more than 2 in the deck .)

Any chance of seeing a new color some day ?

F

FoundationOfRancor

How about:
If the MM block is suppoosed to be balanced and the block was supposed to draw away from broken cards, how could they let Linni Sivvi by?

I

Istanbul

If they print 636 cards in an expansion and only two of them are broken (and I'd still argue that neither Sivvi nor Port are broken), that's NOT a bad ratio. Less than 1%.

C

Chaos Turtle

Right on, Istanbul.

What I want to know is, in a previous round in Question Mark, Mr. Rosewater said that multicolor cards will return someday. I'd like to know when. For that matter, why -- specifically -- were they removed?

H

Hellion

Well....the few questions would be.....

Will 7th Edition bring back staple cards like Incinerate, Serra Angel, Sengir Vampire, Nev Disk and Shivan Dragon?

Will 7th Ed have a total rehaul of cards. Eg. Removing really old cards like Holy Strength, Mana Prism and others and be replaced with better cards from past sets?

Will 7th Edition have "staple" cards like Pillage, Hammer of Bogardan, Shock, Dark Ritual, Dark Banishing ect as cards that will be reprinted FOREVER?

Will sets be released at a slower pace in future?

Will future sets contain more playable cards rather than "dumb" cards?

Will R & D garantee that there will never be another mistake like Mind Over Matter, Time Spiral or Yawgmoth's Bargain? And stamp down hard on combo decks?

Will WotC make prices of it's booster/packs lower outside the United States?

S

Seeker of Truth

Hellion:

I'll never forget the two articles the Duelist printed about the Fifth and Sixth Editions, where they told us why certain cards weren't picked to be in those Editions, and one of the cards had as its reason that its absence kept the number of powerful cards down in that color. In other words, they deliberately weakened the set by adding that particular card!

What I would like to know is:

Are some (many?) cards designed with the intention that they'll never see play, even in sealed deck? These cards, known as "filler" or "chaff" cards, are usually frowned upon by players as they take the place of other, more useful cards in new packs. What is your opinion of "chaff" cards? Do you view them as a necessary evil, an incentive for collectors, a byproduct of undermanned R&D? Do you foresee a reduction in their number in future sets?

What is R&D's honest opinion of combo decks? Is R&D more concerned with throwing out various pieces of a combo and seeing who bites, or does R&D unwittingly create cards that are obviously good on their own, that some wise guy happens to turn into the next Replenish or Bargain deck?