What Preconstructed Deck should i use?

L

Lord Magnus

What black colored pre constructed deck should i get?Please help!

W

Whimsical

Clarify yourself. A black precon for what set?

If Invasion, it's a toss-up between the U/B and the B/R ... though the B/R is a tad bit better in mah opinion. Going with the Invasion bit ... it's actually better running with the Spectrum deck. Playtesting has proven that the deck can consistently beat the 3 other precons.

If it's outside of Invasion ... eh ... eherm ... I have no idea. Ask a clearer question next time. :)

D

DÛke

...Assassin or Widowmaker? They're old PreDecks, but I like both of them, especially Widowmaker.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

if you can get your hands on one the Migraine deck oh yeah 3 megrims got to love it

D

Duel

Migraine is fun..... Got my megrims there too. Just a cool deck.

Widowmaker was pretty good as well.

Oh, and the prophecy black/white pre-con is a decent deck, even. At least it's a free tutor and avatar of woe.....

K

K

Go with Assassin. I liked it a lot, although it has sucky rares. The best Black preconstructed deck is Prophecy's. I forgot its name. It has an Avatar of Woe and a Rhystic Tutor; both are great cards.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

The Plague or Tombstone didn't look too bad(never played them, but from the decklist they look ok)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

it insn't, well like i said i haven't played them, they just had some good looking cards in the decklist

I

Istanbul

Whimsical - In my group, playtesting has proven that the B/U and B/R variants are the strongest, with B/R having a slight advantage (until I made the allowed 15-card change to my deck: 2 Urborg Volcanoes, 4 Mountains, 4 Scorching Lava, 1 Crosis, and 4 Tribal Flames). Once I patched up U/B with a bit of red burn, it stomped everything it came across. :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
None of them. They all suck. Well, not all of them. The red Pre-Con for Tempest was pretty kick-ass, especially since the Furnace of Rath I got in the deck really made my burn deck kick the shu-jeez-kit
out of my oppenents.

Ransac, that old fart, 18 years young

D

Duel

Of course precons suck, but the point is to see the style, and either improve it (If it's a worthwhile theme), or Scavenge it for good cards (If it's not).

W

Whimsical

Isty: The B/R and the B/U both have their attractions ... but straight out of the box, the Spectrum is the precon which kicks serious booty, IMHO. <smiles and shrugs> Pity the one who drew the lot for G/W. I like the deck archetype ... but frankly, the precon version just plain sucks. I guess the strengths of the various precons are really subjective, player skill being the deciding factor in the matchups.

One of these days, I'll get around to tuning a Spectrum deck up to speed. That way, I'll be playing a deck no one else in mah gaming circle will touch with a ten foot pole. Hard-core gamers. Gotta love 'em. :)

D

Duel

ah, I love that feeling too. Who says b/w is bad in standard?

The bottom line is black precons have the history of being bad, almost as bad as the white ones (the only white one is sleeper, and that only because it has great cards)