what inna 'ell is the little computers on the side of our posts for?

T

theorgg

subject says it all.

by the way, nice design. I love the full members list. just need to tidy up the first page of it.

pulcra sic semper, ed.

[Edited by theorgg (12-12-1999 at 09:07 PM).]

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Actually, there's nothing I can do about the 1st page. It scrolls so wide because someone (*cough*Child*cough*) didn't put spaces in between his commas, so it looks like one word.

And those computers log your IP number, so if you're ever bad, I can ban you from posting/viewing the boards...or even from the server level. :)

While I'm at it, the other hacks I can think of:
1. Announcements--I can make announcements across the whole message board, kinda like a better way of cross posting. For some reason the file isn't working yet, though.
2. Paging--You know on the thread list, set the "prune date" to 'posts since last year'. Press Go, and let the page load. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the page numbers...it's like the Member list.
3. Flood Block--You can't post more than once per minute. For example, you accidently double click the 'post' button. A screen will come up saying you can't post. (But your 1st post still went through)
4. Made tables load faster. :cool:

There's probably more, but I can't think of anything else.

-mike
What's that stuff mean orgg?

T

theorgg

pulcra-beautiful
sic-as
semper-always

could you change that time to about 30 seconds for the message? some people actually have fast computer.

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.