What do you think of Champions of Kamigawa?

What do you think about the set so far?

• Its okay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It suxxorz

• Other (please post your opinion)

• I like it!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Too hard to tell at this point from the limited number of cards revealed, but looks good....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I haven't seen the entire set, but...

The new split cards are even worse than the Invasion ones. And there are a lot of expensive spells, which makes the set somewhat Prophecy-ish. But the focus on this set, and hopefully the entire block, rather than being on a part of the game (multicolored cards, graveyard effects, creature types, artifacts...) is on this spirit war thingy. I welcome the change. I haven't seen any truly powerful cards so far though, only fun casual tricks. I hope at least one card in the set is something crazy...

N

Nightstalkers

I think good'ol WotC is tryin to pull something like the L5R's experienced soldiers. Basically after a certain condition fulfills itself, you can pay to upgrade your creature... Turnin' them into legends instead of normal monsters.

Dare I ponder whether or not they will have... flip(pin') artifacts?

N

Notepad

As a standalone block, it looks to be a whole super bag full of fun! However, I'm worried how well it will interact with the rest of the game. Overpowered legends and overcosted power cards are never really a good thing, even with the new legend rule.

C

chris92

As a standalone block, it looks to be a whole super bag full of fun! However, I'm worried how well it will interact with the rest of the game. Overpowered legends and overcosted power cards are never really a good thing, even with the new legend rule
that's it exactly. i'm gonna buy a couple of booster boxes

N

Notepad

Why buy booster boxes? Buy tournament pack boxes instead, and score some of that awesome land artwork! :D Plus, you get less common chaff that way. I'd rather have stable playsets of commons and a bunch of sweet land, than like 50 playsets of commons and no land.

I think Kamigawa block, with its craziness and awesome artwork, will be a block that I keep a block deck of. No block has ever screamed to be kept "unfouled" by other sets like Kamigawa looks to.

Two tournament pack boxes looks like what I'm aiming for. I totally want at least two Ismarus! :D

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by SeFRo
Why buy booster boxes? Buy tournament pack boxes instead, and score some of that awesome land artwork! :D Plus, you get less common chaff that way. I'd rather have stable playsets of commons and a bunch of sweet land, than like 50 playsets of commons and no land.
Tourney boxes also seem to supply me pretty well in the rare deptartment, whether it was dumb luck or par for the course I don't really know. However, they used to be just about the same price as boosters, but now I believe they are about $10 more. If I had the choice and they were the same price, I'd go with the Tourney box.