WGU Politics Deck

A

Academy Man

The Political Machine
The deck is named after the system of giving people financial and social help and getting their support, in the form of votes, in return, used in many cities with large populations of immigrants. I have adopted it to multiplayer magic, my deck can help people get a start and shut them out if they turn on me. I made this deck because I love the politics involved in multiplayer, the deck is designed to take full advantage of unspoken alliances and mutual enemies through cards like Questing Phelddagrif and Maze of Ith "helping out" a little. The deck also uses several cards the make attacking me seem silly and pointless, like Maze of Ith, Sun Droplet, and River boa, but not detrimental.
If things get out of hand, I have several ways of resetting the board, Wrath of God and Mageta, the Lion. Lightning Greaves provides synergy, working well protecting Mageta, curing him of summoning sickness, and providing a speedy post Wrath comeback. Mind's Eye provides the neccessary steam to keep the deck running. Here is the deck list.

The Political Machine
1 x Silvos, Rogue Elemental
2 x Anurid Brushhopper
2 x Sun Droplet
2 x Dismantling Blow
3 x Lightning Greaves
3 x Mind's Eye
3 x Living Wish
3 x Wrath of God
4 x Swords to Plowshares
4 x Questing Phelddagrif
4 x River Boa
4 x Windswept Heath
4 x Savannah
4 x Tundra
4 x Tropical Island
4 x Krosan Verge
4 x Maze of Ith
1 x Flooded Strand
2 x Nantuko Monastery
1 x Plains
1 x Forest
1 x Karakas

Card by Card Analysis:
I will only mention cards that I have conflicting feelings on.

taking out the Dismanling Blows for Seal of Cleansing, so my opponent would know, don't mess with me with your artifact or enchantment, thus, getting maximum use of my cards, obviously the trade off is the card advantage gained immediately from the Blow.

Taking out the Anurid Brushhopper for Ascetic Trolls, because it defends better, and attacks very well too. It doesn't dodge my wrath effects, but I rarely use that ability because of its hefty cost, though it's four toughness and not having to keep mana open is very good too.

I am testing Mind's Eye to see if it won't draw unwanted attention. Clearly, it is very good, but I don't want everyone ganging up on me because of it. Any ideas for alternative card drawing mechanisms would be appreciated.

I'm not sure how many Sun Droplets I should be playing but I think 3 may be the right number.

Please post new card ideas and changes, thanks

M

Mikeymike

This is a very cool concept Academy Man.

Here are some other cards that could fit your theme.

Larry's Disk (or Pernicious Deed if you add black) - The ultimate 'don't mess with me' card. You put it out with the very real threat that you opponent's will pay a very heavy price if they head your way. Plus your Silvos, Boa's, Trolls, and Monasteries can survive the destruction.

Karmic Justice - Another 'target my stuff at your own demise' card.

Weathered Wayfarer - Allows you to get some of the more helpful 1-off lands in here. Plus it allows you to run more helpful 1-offs, like Yavimaya Hollow or Arena.

I think I agree about the Brushhopper/Troll swap.

A

Academy Man

The Political Machine now looks like this:
2 x Sun Droplet
2 x Treva's Charm
2 x Thunderscape Battlemage
3 x Lightning Greaves
3 x Mind's Eye
3 x Living Wish
3 x Wrath of God
4 x Swords to Plowshares
4 x Questing Phelddagrif
4 x River Boa
4 x Windswept Heath
4 x Savannah
4 x Tundra
4 x Tropical Island
4 x Krosan Verge
4 x Maze of Ith
1 x Flooded Strand
3 x Nantuko Monastery
1 x Taiga
1 x Plateau
1 x Karakas

I took out the silvos for another Nantuko Monastery because the Silvos is too threathening for this deck.
I took out the Brushhoppers and Seals for Battlemages and Treva's Charm because they are more flexible, and if I have UWG open oponents will be weary when attacking me.