Welcome to vBulletin 2.0!

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
We're now running vBulletin 2.0. It's just a beta at this point though, so keep that in mind.

There are tons of new options, so the first thing I recommend you do is head to the user options and set up your profile and options pages.

All PMs were imported so don't worry about that. :)

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Also, yes I know the images are currently different and there are some other issues, but I'll be working on them.

G

Gerode

What happened! Everything is different! Stress overload! Cannot control myself! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

[me] spontaneously combusts. [/me]

This'll take a while to get used to :(

I MISS BLACK AND ORANGE!!! WAAAAAA!!!

R

rkoelsch

takes some getting use to but looks like it has some nice features. But are you going to enable the show last posts link.
That was generally how I kept up with what was new.

N

nodnarb24

I like it but their is one problem. I changed the time to my time zone, eastern time, but it was behind an hour so I had to change it to Atlantic time to get the right time.

Also, how do you do attachments? I saw TomB doing it in the testing forum.

One more thing, I am now the Supreme CPA Member. :D

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
If you're on the following list, somehow I lost your custom user titles. I'm not sure why it happened randomly, but you can now set your titles by editing your profile/options.

Almindhra
Duster
Gerode
Gizmo
Istanbul
Loafing Giant
nodnarb24
rkoelsch
sageridder
Zhaneel

D

Darsh

But how can we tell if a thread has a new post? The icons don't change color anymore.

:Scrolls down:

Hey there's a spell check feature too!

I like it.:)

D

Darsh

Never mind my question.

For everyone else who doesn't know just scroll down in any forum and it tells you.

Closed Envelope=Old thread
Open Envelope=New Post

N

NeuroDeus

Don't take this badly but its becoming a whole load of ****crap...

IT FEELS TOO ROBOTIC, as if I have entered a warez or mp3 forum...

N

NeuroDeus

After 3/4 of an hour using the board I noticed the new features etc. Quiet good... keep up the good work (an get the orange/black format back) now... or i'll kick my lousy....

A

Apollo

I like the new options, but I have one silly problem: I don't really like the black borders around posts. Can those go away?

H

Hetemti

…MAKE IT STOP!!!

First, you messed up the boards by making them U/W instead of O/B. Now you mess (sorry to any gays out there, I'm a slave to popular slang) them up with square root signs in little boxes, disturbing arrows that botch up the thread titles, and most importantly, I can't tell where the updated threads are because instead of "YES" and "NO" represented by boolean symbols, we have "ENVELOPE," "ENVELOPE," "ENVELOPE," "ENVELOPE," "ENVELOPE," "ENVELOPE," and "ENVELOPE." All of which look the same to someone with 20/50+ vision.

And this font in the reply box is KILLING ME!!! How did Microsoft brainwash everyone into using Tahoma. It's EVERYWHERE! Get away from me, stupid, ugly font!!!

Oh, and now even the text is blue...

!!!!!THUMP!!!!!

(The CPA Message Boards have officially received The Thump.)

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Fine, that's it. I quit. I'm gone. Cya.

These boards are run under my license so they're gone. Oh, and all the code for the site and images I made were being used by the CPA under my permission so when I leave, they're gone. Ciao!

D

Darsh

...why does this happen every time something about the board changes? Is it that unbearable, that terrible? It's not even that much of a change! My thought on the subject is if you don't like it fine, then leave. When it's your board THEN and only then do you have the right to complain.

I just hope that Ed isn't serious.

S

superguy

Ed, I hope you're kidding. Those two posts were just opinions of two people. Come on man, it looks really good, all that needs to be done is some minor changes. I dont know why people jumped at you right away, but please don't leave!

N

nodnarb24

Everyone, give Ed a nice round of applause for all of his hard work.

* Nodnarb24 applauds Ed for all the hard work he put into this.

I thank you Ed for such a wonderful site and all the hard work and we all owe you.

I LOVE YOU MAN!!! :)

D

Darsh

*Darsh starts chant

WE LOVE ED, WE LOVE ED!

Cmon everyone lets give Ed a big Thank You for all his hard work in maintaining and making this site a better place.:)