We need lands!

F

FoundationOfRancor

we need 5 common lands, 5 uncommon lands, and 5 rare lands for the new sl;iver set. We have MANY cards refering to slivers, so I would jsut like to see some interesting lands that dont nessary have to do with slivers.

Common Room
Land
When this land coems into play, your oppent and you may each choose a creture type.
T: Add 1 to pool
2T: you and your opponent both put a 1/1 token into play of the chosen creature type
(common)

Mythical Ruins
Land
T: Add 1 to mana pool
2T: Look through library and pick a enchantment card and put that card into play. Shuffle your library.
1, discard a card: Destory target enchanment. Only your oppent may play this abiltie.
(Uncommon)
Deep within the ruins, an eye opened.

Focusing Rig
Land
T: Add 1 mana of any color any of your oppents lands can create.
1T, discard a card from your hand; Put an artifact card into play from your hand.
(Common)

CPA academy
Land
2T: draw a card. Use this abiltie only if you have no cards in your hand
(Rare)

Riven Waterfall
Land
T: add one mana of any color to your mana pool
1: add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Only your oppent may play this abiltie.
(Rare)

F

Fire Slinger

Field of Lotuses
Land
Rare

When Field of Lotuses comes into play, sacrifice all lands you control. If you do not sacrifice at least 5 lands, you also take 10 damage.

When Field of Lotuses comes into play, choose a permanent type (Choose creatures, artifacts or enchantments).

T: Add X mana of one color to your mana pool, where X is the number of permanents of the choosen type you control.

:confused:

Hmmm...

F

Fire Slinger

????
Land
Common
Comes into play tapped.
T: Add one blue mana to you mana pool.
Discard ~this~:Add one blue mana to your mana pool.

The idea is to make one of these for each color. I just can't think of a name. Maybe there can be a Uncommon one the adds one mana of any color when you discard it.

A

Apollo

Whoa, Casey. Your lands are a bit overpowered.

Mythical Ruins
Land
2T: Look through library and pick a enchantment card and put that card into play. Shuffle your library.
1, discard a card: Destory target enchanment. Only your oppent may play this abiltie.
(Uncommon)
Deep within the ruins, an eye opened.

This is overpowered because you can go get a game-winning enchantment and make your opponent discard a card. It might as well read:
2T: target opponent pays 1 and discards a card

Pretty good, no? Too good; it's got Ports ability with a discard thrown in!

Focusing Rig
Land
1T, discard a card from your hand; Put an artifact card into play from your hand.
(Common)

Ever heard of Fellwar's stone? It cost 2 and does less than this land. Also, second turn Phyrexian Collossus or Processor is pretty good.

CPA academy
Land
2T: draw a card. Use this abiltie only if you have no cards in your hand
(Rare)

Again, the stone thing. The card drawing ability is also broken, because any weenie deck (especially Sligh) can empty its hand in 3 turns and then has this incredible engine.

Riven Waterfall
Land
1: add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Only your oppent may play this abiltie.
(Rare)

This is broken cause if you tap it, your opponent can't use it. So you just tap it during each of your turns and either use the mana or dump it in a mana sink; it's a City of Brass without a drawback.

Apollo

T

The Magic Jackal

We know cpa academy is broken. There has to be some broken cards though. It's not like library of alexandria was broken ;)

J

Jaws10387

TAG GUARD

What about Sliver Canyon from the other thread? Could we use that?

D

Dark Horse

I like the lotus cave a ton, but here are some modifications I think it needs.

Lotus Field
Legendary Land
T sacrifice all lands you control but Lotus Feild. You can choose not to sacrifice a land by paying 5 life. From then on, Lotus Feild gainsT Add one mana of the color of your chosing to your mana pool for each artificat, creature OR land you control.
T sacrifice Lotus Field: Return all lands from all players graveyards to play, tapped.

Rare

Its slightly broken, but being a legendary land you cant make a deck around it.

Here are a set of common lands.

They all come into play tapped

Coral Reef
Land
Tap: Add U to your mana pool
Tap: Sacrifice Coral Reef: Counter target spell unless its caster pays 2

Fire Cavern
Land
Tap: Add R to your mana pool
Tap: Sacrifice Coral Reef: Target creature gains +2/+0 until end of turn.

Redwood Forest
Land
Tap: Add G to your mana pool
Tap: Sacrifce: Add GG to your mana pool.

Mud Flats
Land
Tap: Add B to your mana pool
Tap: Sacrifice: Target creature gets -0/-2 until end of turn.

Farmland
Tap: Add W to your mana pool
Tap: Sacrifice: Prevent 2 damage to target creature or player.

Good, but not great.

A

Apollo

Lotus Field
Its slightly broken, but being a legendary land you cant make a deck around it.
Hahahahaha! That's funny! Hmm, I'll put 4 in my deck. I'll play it 1st turn. I'll tap it and sac all of my lands, except I don't have any others. Now I have an Academy and Cradle all in one! This is one of the most broken cards I have ever seen. Get rid of it, you are not going to be able to fix this piece of junk. This is Academy on speed! Geez!

Sigh...

Apollo

I

Istanbul

The Rockies
Legendary Land
T: Add RR to your mana pool.
T: Target opponent must take a swig of whatever drink they have. If they have no drink, you must purchase them a drink costing no more than $1.00.
"Tap the Rockies...Coors Light?"

G

garfobo

we need 5 common lands, 5 uncommon lands, and 5 rare lands for the new sl;iver set. We have MANY cards refering to slivers, so I would jsut like to see some interesting lands that dont nessary have to do with slivers.

Creture Caverns
Land
When this land coems into play, your oppent and you may each choose a creture type.
2T: you and your opponent both put a 1/1 token into play of the chosen creature type
(common)

Mythical Ruins
Land
3t, sacrifice a land: Look through your library for an enchantment card and put it into play. Shuffle your library.
4, discard a card: Destory target echantment. Only your oppenent may play this abiltie.

Focusing Rig
Land
T: Add 1 to your mana pool
4,T, discard a card: Put target artifact card from your hand to play.

CPA Academy
Land
T; add 1 to your pool, take one damage.
3T: draw a card. Use this abiltie only if you have no cards in your hand
(Rare)

Riven Waterfall
Land
(Rare)

[NOTE: Riven waterfall's abilitie for yuour oppent does not require tapping, m,eaning you can tap it and your oppent may still use it.

And a new one....

Frozen Landscapes
Land
T: YOC: add either w or U to your pool.
1t, deals 2 dmg to you: add UW to your pool
(rare)

A

Apollo

I think there's already a card called Frozen Landscape. What is the "YOC" thing in the text?

And Riven Waterfall still is too good. You can get one mana of any color and your opponent can only change his mana from one type to another. Against a mono-colored deck (the majority) it has no disability, and against most 2 color decks, it still won't make much of a difference.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I was at garfobo's house when I made those changes so there in his name....sorry. YOC means Your Oppenent Chooses.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

For other lands, you can use lands that come into play tapped, but can tap for colorless or can tap and be bounced for one of two colors. Also, you can make lands that come into play tapped, but if you pay W or whatever, you mimic some spell or ability. For example:

Icy Depths
Land
Comes into play tapped.
When Icy Depths comes into play, you may pay U. If you do, return target tapped creature to owner's hand.

The reason that this example bounces a tapped creature is to account for the fact that this ability can't be countered (as it isn't a spell).

If you do this, don't make the black land have a ritual effect, as that can be broken.

Whoever designed Redwood Forest should know that it is directly superior to Havenwood Battleground. While some of you may think this is good, you should realize that the only thing stopping this land from permanently replacing Forest is that it's a non-basic land, but that isn't enough of a drawback.

Another land I designed is Reliquary Museum:

Reliquary Museum
Land
During your upkeep, you may sacrifice two untapped lands. If you don’t, sacrifice Reliquary Museum.
Reliquary Museum comes into play tapped.
TAP: Add one colorless mana to your mana pool for each land you control.
"And over here we have the world's only unbroken Black Lotus - but that's because it costs 4."
"Ooooooooooooh!"
R

W

Whimsical

but 15 lands? Whoa, Bessie... ooppss, Casey. ^_^ That's a lot of real estate in the set, even considering it IS 350 cards in approximate size. Still, it's workable...

I like the lands Dark Horse proposes ... though the come into play tapped clause and the effects of some of the cards (namely Redwood Forest) gives me nightmares about Thallids and Thrulls.

The Lotus Field is an absolute no-no. Waaayyyy too broken. Tolarian Academy on speed ... <laughs> I like that term.

Lessee ... Mister Dark Horse's real estate strikes my fancy.

All these lands come into play tapped.

Coral Reef
Land
Tap: Add U to your mana pool
Tap: Sacrifice Coral Reef: Counter target spell unless its caster pays 2

*oooohhh. A mana leak that can't be countered. Uh-oh. Maybe it gives islandwalk until end of turn instead?*

Fire Cavern
Land
Tap: Add R to your mana pool
Tap: Sacrifice Coral Reef: Target creature gains +2/+0 until end of turn.

*might want to change this into Sac: Target creature gets first strike until end of turn, in keeping with red's original premise of strike hard and fast*

Redwood Forest
Land
Tap: Add G to your mana pool
Tap: Sacrifce: Add GG to your mana pool.

*We're going to reprint Havenwood Battlegrounds? Fine by me, though a token creaure when land is sacked might work as well, maybe a 1/1?*

Mud Flats
Land
Tap: Add B to your mana pool
Tap: Sacrifice: Target creature gets -0/-2 until end of turn.

*too strong for a common land (weenie nuker), perhaps target creature without flying (akin to Quicksand)?*

Farmland
Tap: Add W to your mana pool
Tap: Sacrifice: Prevent 2 damage to target creature or player

*Ugh. Dumbed-down healing salve. Workable though, though the name needs changing IMHO. Any suggestions?*

I'll work on the rest later...

W

Whimsical

And I've noticed that the lands here are going to be subject to willy-nilly designer whim ... UNLESS mister Rancor sir comes up with a theme for the lands. It's much easier to make cards if you have a framework to refer to...

Hmmm. In the interim though, here's my suggestions (based on the posts):

Common Lands. Mister Dark Horse's lands will do nicely, since they're a general area descriptive thing.

Uncommon. I have no idea, honestly. The plane of Riftwood is still too vague an image in my head right now.

Rare Lands. Exotic areas (as usual) / faction HQs.
Sliver Nest/Brooding Area/whatnot
Sanct workshop/academy/whatnot
CPA guildhouse/nexus/whatnot
Bob the Evil Overfiend's fortress/potty chamber/whatnot

The last exotic location could be a central battle-ground or something. Something like Arena of the Ancients ... only on a grander scale.

<starts grumbling about getting into stuff WAAAYYYY over her head>

J

Jaws10387

Tag Guard

Can we print my Sliver Canyon as an uncommon? Please?