3 Foil
3 Mystical tutor
4 accumulated knowledge
11 forests
11 Islands
1 Rath's edge (mediocre, at best)

M

Mikeymike

I've wanted to build this deck for awhile now but I haven't had the Rising Waters to do it with.

First thing, I like Daze better than foil in here. You return an Island to your hand and many times they won't have the mana for the extra 1.

Consider Ensare in here, it has great synergy with Rising Waters. I think that is the finisher you are missing.

If you don't have any more BoP's or UT's, toss in Quirion Elves. Access to both colors is Vital.

Rath's Edge, great idea. I hate the card but in here it works to kill their mana critters

One final note, Trade routes is better in here than Acc. Knowledge. You have a few ways to return Islands to your hand along with Trade Routes built in ability (combo nicely with Mystical tutor too, use tutor, snap lands, draw) and can draw and should draw at will

Good job :cool:

D

DÛke

...that I thought this deck was Zadok's!

Anyway, I agree with Mikey. Daze fits in better, especially late game.

Would "Ristik" Study fit in there better than the Boomerangs? I don't really know, I'm just trying to offer some advice.

Accumelated Knowledge is good, but like Mikey said (Wow Mikey, you know what you're doing! :)), Trade Routs would fit in pretty well in the deck; I also like Opt these days; could help you get what you need fast(er).

There.

M

Mikeymike

Quick note on Ensnare: Not only does it clear the way for your creatures but if you cast it during your opponent's upkeep it steals their ability to use THEIR mana critters: advantage you. I always liked that card.

Also, Rhystic Study (the best common ever IMHO) is a great idea too. I'd say use this or Trade Routes.

D

Duel

okay, I've taken some suggerstions:

4 Mungha Wurm
4 Quirion Elves
4 llanowar elves
1 Elfhame sanctuary
3 Spiketail Drake
4 Rising waters
4 Thwart
3 Daze (Should I have 4? Maybe)
2 Counterspell
3 rhystic study (MVP, right now)
2 Power sink (Mad good)
1 War tax (need another)
2 Withdraw
1 Wash out
11 forests
11 islands

All these changes were made BEFORE reading your comments! Damn, guys, you were dead on! Ensnare should probably be added, but, where?

M

Mikeymike

Good question, I'm thinking the single copies of Washout and Elfhame Sanctuary right now.

Did you try this guy out on Apprentice, actually did Apprentice get the Prophecy/Invasion update yet even?

I think I'm going to try this guy at an upcoming Friday Night Magic.

D

Duel

yeah, e-league has the invasion update.

Good luck to you. Ensnare is, I think, worse than wash out, simply because wash out can potyentially kill their threats by bouncing them, and making them play them back slowly, and countering the biog ones.

M

Mikeymike

1 creature to watch out for: Kavu Chameleon. I guarantee he'll start showing his face soon. Good point though, just make sure you do have a counter when you bounce the Blastoderm, last thing you want to do is reset the counters on him.

L

Landkiller

Rhystic Deluge, perhaps?

In place of War tax, or something else.

D

Duel

Watch out for the chameleon and derms comes right before an cmoment about taking out war tax. War tax is my derm solver. For 3 turns, my elves can stop his derm from attacking. War tax can't go.