War of attrition

D

Duel

okay, I built a merc deck that shares some traits with duke's decks, but I think it's more effective. Check:

3 Avatars of woe
2 Rhystic tutors
2 attrition
2 Mind slash
2 Cateran enforcers
2 Cateran kidnappers
2 Rathi thingamabobs (1BB, 2/1 fear, summoner)
4 molting harpy
2 rampart crawler
4 highway robber
2 thran foundry
3 Viscous hunger
2 Vendetta
3 seal of doom
4 cateran pursuaders

17 swamps
3 black counter-lands (add two mana twice)

the theme is summoning your mercs, killing them off to help summon an avatar, and also destroying your enemy. You sould be able to get enough damage through once they're out of creatures, plus 12 highway robbers can be summoned, so if the game drags out, that's an option.

D

DÛke

...deck Duel.

The deck looks great, but it needs just a little bit of extra speed, wich you could gain from additional Ramparat Crawlers, Spineless Thug, and Silent Assassin.

The Cateran Kidnappers do nothing other than being a 4/2 and a searcher, why not add the Rathi Assassin? Sure, only a 2/2, but the assassination ability substitues that.

I have no idea how Thran Foundary works in this deck, so I would replace them with 2 Haunted Crossroads.

I perfer Snuff-Out over Seal of Doom, but that's another issue. You could play Snuff-Out without tapping out, and using your mana for later purposes.
I would replace the Seal for the Snuffs.

As I could tell, Nightwind Glider could become a problem against this deck, therefore, you should add in atleast 2 Rath's Edge. Rath's Edge also is good against smaller creatures, and low-on-life opponents.

I don't like the Rhystic Tutor, it's too fragile, but you could keep it, it's not going to hurt the deck. I would play Cateran Summons though.

I don't see Dark Rituals.

Lastely, I think you should remove the 1 Persuader for one more 1 Rathi Intimidator(the 2/1, fear, summoner).

D

Duel

Shoot! My bad! I knew that wasn't right, but I couldn't figure what I was missing! The Dark rituals!
Take out a visouc hunger, 1 rampart crawlers and 2 land. Those SHOULD have been rituals!

Mind slash is there in hopes of stopping cards like that, but you're right. I need non-black damage. Lt's try a revised version.

3 Avatars of woe
2 Rhystic tutors (Vampirics would be ideal, but rhystica can go 1st turn...)
2 attrition
2 Mind slash
2 Cateran enforcers
3 Rathi thingamabobs (1BB, 2/1 fear, summoner)
4 molting harpy
1 Silent assassin
2 Spineless thug
3 highway robber
2 haunted crossroads (She-it! I never saw that before! I love that card!!!!)
2 Viscous hunger
2 Vendetta
2 snuff outs (I agree)
4 cateran pursuaders
4 Dark rituals

15 swamps
3 black counter-lands (add two mana twice)
2 rath's edge

D

DÛke

I see why you have the 2 Vicious Hunger, but why do you have 2 Vendetta and 2 Snuff-Out? Why not just put 4 of one type? I'm sure it doesn't matter much.

D

Duel

variety. 6 of one, half-dozen of another. Both are good, so I might as well throw a little more vesatility in.