Want to have a chat with a goon?

I

Istanbul

Timster...yeah, the dork who keeps posting crap about every CPA article...is on Magic Online, as timster. Feel free to let him know what you think of him, at great length! :)

I

Istanbul

The sheer irony of this reply from Gizmo has me utterly stunned.

I figure it's only fair we get the chance to take a potshot back at this little gremlin.

T

theorgg

:D

I've already had an insult-fest with him during a draft.

I tried to teach him the finer points of grammar, spelling, and the use therof of those techniques.

His response?

"you must be gay."

Actually, it was "urgay." I tried correcting him as "No, it's spelled 'Uraguay'," but he wouldn't listen.

He then called me a , which is somthing Magic online didn't like. For some reason, It also doesn't like The Rolling Stone's Jagger. Why? I dunno.

R

rakso

And where does this dastardly fiend post?

I've been seeing my fair share of libel myself recently. :p

I

Istanbul

Read any CPA article. Specifically, the replies. Timster always posts some mindless, devoid-of-content flame in reply to any and all CPA articles.

I find it ironic that someone who hates CPA articles so much takes so much time to visit our site, check for articles, and comment on them...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Istanbul
I find it ironic that someone who hates CPA articles so much takes so much time to visit our site, check for articles, and comment on them...
That's actually what has me baffled. I might have thought he was always optimistic, hoping that "some good article" (that meets his standards) would come through, but I don't get that impression from his responses. So I just think he's either a glutton for punishment or it's his weekly "humor"; he just comes here for self-amusement and to say to his buddies "Look what crap the CPA put up this week" :)

M

Mikeymike

From theorgg
Actually, it was "urgay." I tried correcting him as "No, it's spelled 'Uraguay'," but he wouldn't listen.

HAHAHA! Brilliant response, I nearly wet myself....oh wait...damn I did.

M

Mikeymike

Please, Pull-ups are for scrubs. I'm all about the Depends.

N

Nightstalkers

Just write a short article about your connundrum about their posts. That'll get their attention.

G

Gizmo

The question for me is that, seeing as we have moderated replies to the articles to stop spam, why Timster`s spam gets as far as the front page?

Does he have special stealth spam that gets in under Spidey`s radar, or what?

P

Purple_jester

Now THAT has got to be the most revolutionary concept I've heard of since the invention of the message board:

Stealth Spam!

I fell off my chair laughing. That REALLY hurts. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Mikeymike
Please, Pull-ups are for scrubs. I'm all about the Depends.
Yeah, but can you get cool logos like superheros or Nick toons on Depends?

Regarding the replies on the front page, the idea to moderate the replies was due to profanity, not because someone decides to express an opinion. I've had to edit and sometimes delete quite a few replies which were profanity. Since Timster merely exhibits ignorance and derision (but in general, no profanity), I saw no reason why his shouldn't be put up. If you guys choose to reply to him and as along as it doesn't become a flame-fest like some threads in Off-Topic, it's should be all right.

If I wanted to edit every reply that was unfavorable to the CPA, I might as well take the next step and start banning them :rolleyes:

G

Gizmo

But Timster doesnt SAY anything. He doesnt make constructive criticism - on any other BBS anywhere on the net the posts he makes would be enough to get him banned as a troller.

He trolls.
He says nothing.
He wants you to be angry, because it proves his point.
So why do we let him do it?

M

Mikeymike

Yeah, but can you get cool logos like superheros or Nick toons on Depends?
I've got 'Golden Girls' Depends with pics of the whole gang on there.

Back to the topic at hand for a second, you can't stop a troll - and chastizing (sp?) him/her will only encourage the bad behavior. The last thing in the world the troll wants is to be ignored.

Timster may be a horse's ass, but he's not doing any damage to anyone. Plus, the more he dislikes the CPA and disrespects us, the less we have to deal with him.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, to be honest, he DOES say something. He says (basically) "Why are people still posting here?" Does that really deserve being stricken? If he said "this place sucks donkey cojones" (after the first time, when no one knew him), THAT would be grounds for not posting it.

Additionally, he hasn't even replied to the latest articles, so either he hasn't read them or likes them or just got tired of it. Who knows?

Killer Joe

confession an extra time this week :(.

I just visited http://www.teamacademy.com and now I totally understand the kind of thinking "Timster" is going through.
It's a web site hosted by some tough inner-city Bostonians (or it's suburbs). Man, can they be rough (see their "Bitches" section). Most Eastern Seaboard-types are ruthless but if you like your magic rough and laugh at the expense of others, this sites for YOU!!!!

Timster must visit it everyday to get his daily dose of magic smack-down. He's probably a small fish there but trying to be some big tough "Team Academy" member here by playing "Article God" to us lowly casual-types :(.

Spidey: Check you PM's a.s.a.p.!!!!

N

Nightstalkers

Thats what it all comes down to our eight legged buddy.