Wanna have a little fun??

S

Saren

It was a cloudy saturday afternoon when I realized that I was bored and tired of playing my blue crappy deck...mainly because I was using proxies for Morphling and Masticore for the last couple of months.
Then It shocked me, I had to make a change to my life I had
to finally build a deck with no proxies on it. Then I said I'll build a speedy blue deck...wait...hold...no I won't do that I have been there and done that (also I lacked on Rishadan Airships).
I was wandering through my collection, my little collection when I saw these babies: Dauthi Slayer and Dauthi Horror...Yeah I'll build a speedy,all or nearly all commons black deck!!!
And so I quickly wnet to a comic store to find what I needed...and by the end of the afternoon my masterpiece looked like this (beware use for casual play only...you have been warned).

4 Ravenous Rats (that are supposed to be a Carnophage... but they work)
4 Skittering Skirge
4 Dauthi Slayer (Yeah this baby ROCKS)
4 Dauthi Horror
4 Foul Imp (beware the rath of these flying thingies)
4 Hidden Horrors
4 Vendetta
4 Duress
4 Dark Ritual
4 Unholy Strenght
4 BAD MOON (for a guy like me these are like having 4 Masticores)

16 Swamps

Well I cant say that the trade was't easy... there was a little kid that wouldn't let go his only Skittering Skirge...I remember the sentence "ok I'll give you $1"; what was I thinking??
The rest was Easy...well maybe except for 1 Bad moon. The trade was something like these:

Me: ok I want your bad moon
Trader: ok, let see I'll give it to you only for...I don't really know...let say $22?
Me:...
Trader: so...
Me:......
(The silence wnet on for like 2 minutes...)
Me: how about this??? I'll give you $7 (for a 4th Edition Bad Moon)and for a plus I wont kick your a*s for trying to ripe me off.
Trader: ehhh...wweel...ok

So by the end of the afternoon the deck was ready and I was happy that It works better than I hoped.

Sorry for the lenght Iwas hoping to write something a little longer but I'm running out of time.

Sorrento of Saren
"So what you are saying...is that you wont let me play My Palinchron with only five mana on the table... I can't believe you're such a bad looser"

F

FoundationOfRancor

This deck looks ok but have you tried...

*looks again*

Well, this deck looks really good but have you tried..

*looks a third time*

Dude, this deck is AWESOME!

All I can say is that thre are some commons you might want to try out for fun!

Terror
Snuff Out
BlackKnight
Hynm To tourach or wahtever

Thats pretty much all I can say, the deck looks great!

D

DÛke

...I have to say is that I like cheerful people, and you seem like a down-to earth person, and, since you didn't say "hi" in the New Memebers forum, I'll say it here: Hi.
You are just what we need in here.

As for the deck, I enjoyed the article, more, the deck. The article really almost made me laugh :).

The deck is good, and since it's for casual, you could add more fun cards.

D

Duel

I've already got a variant made. Beczme infamous as the best deck under $10 in our school:

4 slayers
4 horrors
4 unholy strength
4 priest of gix
4 parralax dementia
4 Grave servitude (Or twisted experiment)
4 Scare tactics
4 Carnophage
4 lotus petals (OK, so it's illegal. Use elvish spirit guides.)
4 hidden horror
4 skittering skirge
16 swamps

P

Purple_jester

The all-black weenie horde returns to casual play! Yes!

Saren, let me officially adopt you into the League of Evil Weenie Users!

Duel, you have a black weenie deck too? Who else has a cheapoid black deck? C'mon down!

Back to Saren. Try these commons! They're fun!

Vicious Hunger (eat other weenies)
Hymn to Tourach (next to Counterspell, it's the most evil common ever made)
Order of the Ebon Hand (probably the best common black creature ever)

Too bad you can't get Carnophage... sigh... Isn't black such a fun color? ;)

G

Gizmo

"Hymn to Tourach (next to Counterspell, it's the most evil common ever made)"

You mean, of course, that Hymn is just ahead of Counterspell. PLease say that`s what you mean. I`m beggin you.

As for the Black deck, it`s missing a few cards, but those are all rare - getting hold of a set of Winter Orbs or Tangle Wires would give this deck SUCH a boost, WOrbs especially. Possibly I`d try to find a couple of big 4cc monsters to play at the top end, just one or two mind.

You are right that Carnophage is better than Ravenous Rats, probably I would use just about ANY 1cc creature over the Rats because you have so much congestion at 2cc already. Carnophage is great, Insidious Bookworms (Alliances Common) are possible even better. It`s a shame you can`t make use of the Hidden Horror`s ability more - an Unearth or two perhaps?

I also think that Thrull Retainer (Fallen Empires and 5th Edition Uncommon) is better than Unholy Strength against most decks that don`t pack a lot of 0/4 Walls.

S

superguy

I have two weenie decks, one of which is in the making. However, the one I already have, is based on one principle:
Alle creatures' power greater than their casting cost, though usually with drawback. I have no Bad Moons, but I would put one in if I had one. But the deck works great even without it. Here goes:
Discard/Hand Desruption(6):
Duress x3
Hymn to Tourach x3(wee-haw)
Library Manipulation(snort)(2):
Demonic tutor x1
Demonic Consultation x1
Creature Kill(5)
Vendetta x2
Dark Banishing x2
Diabolic Edict x1
(Twisted Experiment and Grave Servitude can be used here, but I usually use them to deal that extra 3 damage each turn :)
Creature Enhancement(6):
Twisted Experiment x4
Grave Servitude x1
Unholy Strenght x1
Reanimation(2):
Unearth x2
Creatures(17):
Sarcomancy x1(I consider it a creature)
Carnophage x4
Hidden Horror x3
Barrow Ghoul x2
Skittering Skirge x3
Skittering Horror x3
Circling vultures x1
Mana Production(22):
Dark Ritual x4
Ancient Tomb x1
Swamp x17
It would be nice to see some of the other Black Weenie decks you people have made.

Oh yeah, BTW, Hymn to tourach is uncommon. And it rules :)).

E

Erbrich

That deck looks like it would do pretty good, especially against the people I regularly play against. It doesn't look like it would be too hard to put together. Of course you might want to look into Hymn to Tourach and Terror or Diabolical Edict. They are commons that can really help.

Erb

G

GuyTrcy

Hey guys its great to see that the fun isnt gone..
black is my try first love ....ahhhhhhh...
sorry i waxed sentimental there.....
the fun black deck looks great but would erg raiders work in it..?/
i dont know .. but i loved them....
also bats....what about the bats.....
nothing is better than a double unholy bat and a bad moon at about turn 2....
keep a thumpin
and ill keep a readin
tooooooo
me
Guytrcy