Wall Question

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Cheewok22, Apr 5, 2000.

1. Cheewok22 New Member

Can Artifact Creatures that count as walls be the target of Direct damage, terrors, fissures etc.???

Can walls be the target of Direct Damage?
  2. Griffith_se Guest

Terror, No. It says Non-black Non-artifact Creature.

Walls are creatures, so they can be targeted.
  3. Cheewok22 New Member

so every wall is a creature even if it doesn't say so (like wall of stone)? so you can use any ability on them as you would a creature, that doesn't seem right...
  4. supascrub New Member

Artifact creatures and walls are the same as every other kind of creature. They can be killed be direct damage or spells or abilities that kill creatures.
  5. arhar Member

Although it's REALLY not realistic......

"I'll terror your Wall of Stone... It DIES!!!"
  6. GreenGiant New Member

on Dir. damage yes on most creature destructions no (think the only 2 cd cards that can destroy artifacts are hand of death and Snuff Out)
  7. Cheewok22 New Member

I dunno if i should play that way, I guess I should, its kinda a house rule that we don't. It would change the way we play a lot though...
  8. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

I wonder what you mean by "even if it doesn't say so?"
    If it says Summon Wall, it's a creature (nowadays it would say Creature - Wall). Same goes for Artifact Creatures since their type obviously includes 'creature.'

GreenGiant, there are a few more. Dark Banishing is another. Most black direct destruction spells cannot target black creatures, and a few of those also can't target Artifact creatures.
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Terroring a Wall and other such cards and interactions (such as why the Revised Frozen Shade does not have flying even though the picture seems to depict it does) has always been a quirk of Magic. There was a thread on the Dojo about such examples and there might have been one here. Logic is not a prime concern here. :)