Vote!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
No matter who you like or don't like. Vote.
Vote early if you can, but everyone on this board should be casting their vote.
If you are not from the US, then vote in your country's election. The privilege of voting should not be left unused.

This message has been brought to you by the letter V and the number 7.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Hoping to catch a politician? What type of ballot are you using? Electronic, paper or the hanging chad?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Mooseman;274003 said:
Your voting for the non-black, non-artifact candidate?
I didn't know this election had one of those available...:rolleyes:

B

BigBlue

I'm voting at lunchtime... going to take an odd timed lunch to avoid lines... but usually they aren't a problem here.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just came back... took about 30 minutes from getting in line to end. There were 16 voting machines (one for disabled) and the volunteers said that it had been that busy since they opened at 7 AM.

D

DarthFerret

I voted today on the way into work (polling location is a block from my house). I had to wait about 15 minutes at 7:30 A.M. Not too bad at all and even made it to work on time (they would not have penalized me for being late. Several were and were congratulated, I love this company)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
My father said, about my vote choices for both president and governor: "I thought I raised you better than that."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I voted after work. Took my daughter too. They had 3 voting machines (the new electronic ones) and we waited..... not at all. Small towns can be good for something.

E

EricBess

I voted a couple of weeks ago. I like to vote absentee because I can sit down with the pamphlet and the internet as I consider the issues. I suppose I could do that anyway before I went to the poll, but I am less likely to.

The one problem with that is that my vote actually wasn't counted. They don't actually count the abesentee ballots unless it is going to "make a difference". They do take into consideration the general attitudes of the area where the ballots were placed and how close the voting was when deciding whether to count them or not, so I'm actually satisfied that everything was correct, but I do think that a lot of the margins were actually significantly larger. For example, a 52% win would probably be more than 55% had all the votes been counted. They said that the areas where they weren't counted were strongly in favor of the measure, so counting them wouldn't have made a difference. But I would have been interested to see what the actually percentage was.

B

BigBlue

They don't count them?

Wow...

In MT, they run them with the other ballots per precinct...

How can they possibly know if they'll matter or not? And, if they don't count them, that would seem to effect the "voter turnout" numbers which were supposedly 'record' but didn't actually hit the expected number.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
BigBlue;274290 said:
They don't count them?

Wow...

In MT, they run them with the other ballots per precinct...

How can they possibly know if they'll matter or not? And, if they don't count them, that would seem to effect the "voter turnout" numbers which were supposedly 'record' but didn't actually hit the expected number.
If the total absentee ballots are less than the margin of victory for counted votes, then they can't change the outcome..... simple math here....

I do think they count the number of absentee ballots returned, those would be part of the voter turnout total.