Voices

B

brooding_sliver

I know voices isn't my best deck--But it was fun to make and great to use, in a casual envoroment.

25 Plains

4 Voice of All
3 Voice of Reason
3 Voice of Law
3 Voice of Grace
3 Voice of Duty
3 Voice of Truth
3 Disciple of Grace
4 Disciple of Law
4 Defender of Law

3 Angel's Feather

B

brooding_sliver

21 views but no comment or reply, intresting......

J

jorael

hehe, personally I check all new threads and read any new comment. I only reply when I feel I can attribute something or have a different enough view to be interesting.

As for your angel deck, I have some advice but it is really basic. Something you could have done also. That's why I hesitated to reply.

But, no discussion, no forum, so here's my view on the deck:

Angels will always be casual. There are no cheap angels and that cripples the whole idea. The idea of protection vs everything is cool, but maybe this takes it too far and dimishes you other options. As for example your answers vs. troublesome artifacts and enchantments.

If I would make an angel themed deck I'd drop some voices, add some non creature spells and lose the disciples (I'd rather play them in a deck with astral slide or other knights or combo them with cards like breath of daarigaz and slice & dice).

voice of all is cool. Another creature that fits the theme is Angelic Wall. It's common 2 mana and 0/4 flying. Great early defense. I'd add at least 4 more cheap creatures: angelic curator or angelic page. mana acceleration can do the trick too.

I'd add some of the other voices, but not all 20. it really depends on what colors your opponents play most often, but protection from black, red & green are usually the most handy.

Angel's feathers really fits the theme, but they are not good. Congregate (see the art: angels!) is much better in multiplayer. Heck, 1 vs 1 it can be savage. why not add some of those?

For enchantment/artifact kill I prefer Ray of Distortion in mono white. And why not some creature control. Wrath of God fits, as does humble (this card is fun).

Sooo.

My take on an angel deck would look something like this:

Angels deserve to die

24 plains
4 mindstone (can be cycled)

4 ray of distortion
2 congregate (or more)
4 humble

4 angelic wall
4 voice of all
2 voice of duty
2 voice of grace
2 voice of law
6-8 other angels (extra voices or some of the beefier angels out there)

These are my thoughts, I hope they are of some value for ya.

Good luck with those divine flying ladies.

L

Limited

Old angel deck of mine.. worked a little bit, but only in multiplayer

17 Creatures
4x Haunted Angel
4x Voice of All
3x Voice of Grace
2x Serra Angel (old school!)
1x Angel of Retribution
1x Archangel
2x Akroma, Angel of Wrath

7 Artifacts
2x Cryptic Gateway
3x Marble Diamond (could be mindstones...)
2x Sky Diamond

13 Other Spells
4x Humble
3x Impulse
3x Boomerang
2x Disenchant
1x Ray of Distortion

23 lands
11x plains
10x island
2x tundra

Was kinda fun, to sometimes be able to drop Akroma into play by tapping a Haunted Angel and a Voice.. needed more removal though.

The Voices of All are really good; in multiplayer there is always a mono-color deck who can't handle them (and my friends usually enjoy to see someone else die to a Voice.. )

edit: Noble Purpose would have been fun! It may be time to rebuild the deck..

B

brooding_sliver

Thank you for your comments.....

this is my final build

26 Plains

4 Voice of All
3 Voice of Reason
3 Voice of Law
3 Voice of Grace
3 Voice of Duty
3 Voice of Truth
4 Disciple of Grace