[Vintage] It's time to reviel the TDH Punisher Deck!

13NoVa

TDH (Team DarkHorse) Has been hard at work creating a deck that will break the meta. Our results will be posted here:

the reasons we are posting it on the CASUAL players alliance is simple, like i've stated before, casual players can normally come up with amazing cards that most tournament players would miss:

So give me your thoughts:

The list:

4 hidden guerilla's
4 hidden herd
2 hidden gibbon
4 river boa
2 cursed totem
3 uba mask
3 leonin bola
3 ankh of mishra
4 elvish spirit guide
3 naturalize
2 sylvan library
2 seedtime
2 root maze
4 land grant
4 mishra's factory
2 blinkmoth nexus
1 mox emerald
1 black lotus
1 chrome mox
9 forest

So far we have playtested against several of the top decks in type 1 and the ONLY deck that it loses to AUTOMATICALLY is Food Chain Goblins.

help/critisism is wanted/need!!!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
What makes this stronger than WTF?

What does this do against Belcher? Dragon? TPS? "MeanDeath"?

What does this do against first turn Trinisphere? Early Mana Drains?

Why Blinkmoth Nexus? Leonin Bola?

13NoVa

@ Oversoul:

What makes this stronger than WTF? Cursed Totem says "i shut off your creatures", which means Welder, Lavamancer, voidmage, ophidian, morphling, and such fun ones like old man of the sea.

What does this do against Belcher? Dragon? TPS? "MeanDeath"?

against belcher, i hope to get an early root maze with a naturalize to hit the belcher before it can go lethal. Dragon rolls me, which happens. Against TPS and meandeath i try to get a first turn guerilla's with something to slow them down.

What does this do against first turn Trinisphere? Early Mana Drains? Sph3re it can roll past, and Mana drains aren't really an issue of mine, my stuff just runs THROUGH counters instead of worrying about them.

The nexus is in there to fly over in case of a ground standpoint.

bola is KEY. that shuts down SO much. it can stop 4cc's angel DEAD, it can stop a darksteel colossus, it stops OATH pretty hardcore as well.

Yeah oversoul this is weak towards combo, i know that much, but the metagame i'm expecting to see is a lot of things like tog (which is also shut down by the totem), fish, Oath, Slaver, and monoblue. if i get paired bad, i lose, simple enough. this deck is either 80/20 or 20/80. IT's fun as hell to play though.

@ Istanbul: HA i lose then.

T

train

Couldn't you speed it up with Hermit druid and replenish?

I understand the concept - but I think going mono-green hurts you...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hermit Druid won't work with the Forests. Besides, that combo seems to be a bit counter-intuitive to the concept of the deck...

T

train

The lands can easily be changed - but I odn't see counter-intuitive when there are tons of enchantments in the deck...

The druid/replenish gets all this out in such force , that unless you stop it, it would be hard to deal with...;)

I

Istanbul

Like I said before...I just don't see this outracing Red Wins.