Verdant Succession + Altar of Dementia

R

Reverend Love

Verdant Succession I likes it. Now I'm finally getting around to making use of it.

Altar of Dementia is an all time favorite mine.

Now really I'd like to this to be a simple three card combo including, Verdant Succession, Altar of Dementia and some type of self recurring creature..sorta like Nantuko Tracer. However I'm really having difficulty finding green creatures which can somehow land back into the library.

Right now it looks like the oldie from Stronghold, Mortuary is going to fill in the holes.

However like I said earlier I'd really prefer a green creature that would have some type of built in recurrence to it.

Suggestions for green creatures?

Right now if I can't get the self-recurring creatures I want I'll probably role with Penumbra Bobcat and Mongrel Pack.

If black makes the cute demonic tutor with definitely be making the cut to speed up putting together the combo pieces.

I was also thinking of splashing a tad bit of red for Goblin Bombardment...there's always room for Bombardment! :)

D

Doombringer

if you used Wirewood guardian or elvish abberation, you could get more mana from their forest cycling AND get either a big creature or more landcycling

D

DeathMaster666

He'd have to hardcast the Treefolk each time. I think Mortuary does it for all of your creatures, making you go infinite with whatever you draw. Maybe you want Tutors in there to find it.

R

Reverend Love

I'm posting from work so I don't have my actual decklists available to me but I think what I ended up with was

Nantuko Tracer
Battlefield Scrounger
Elvish Soultiller
Spore Frog
Scavenger Folk

Along with dropping the Mortuary and more tutoring effects.

C

chocobo_cid

Barishi, I d'know. It's better if you can get a Aluren's effect to work.

R

Reverend Love

Originally posted by chocobo_cid
Barishi, I d'know. It's better if you can get a Aluren's effect to work.
Aluren's effect? Eeh? Aluren the one where everybody's stuff untaps during upkeep or whatever?

C

chocobo_cid

Play a creature with converted cost three for free as an instant.

T

train

I understand the aluren bit - but barishi replenishes the library and assists the succession...;)

C

chocobo_cid

I was talking to the good reverend, train.

unless...

Reverend Love and Train are one in the same? It is true! I was wondering why you never post at the same time as each other!

R

Reverend Love

No we're not the same guy. Both of us are clever, handsome and lady's men..so I could see why you'd mistake as the same guy, however I assure you we're not.

T

train

yeah - if Rev and I ran for president and vp respectively, there'd be no women republicans or dems...

there'd just be Love-train women voters - and a few odd men out there...:D :cool:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
They sure are flattering each other there, either because it allows them to compliment themselves or because they're both the same person...

T

train

man pres, and vp at the same time would be interesting - wonder if it would require 2 wives?... for balance purposes...

:eek:

C

chocobo_cid

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Your grand plot is foiled, Reverend Love. Or should I say, ...train! I will revenge the death of spiderman's father!

[train love] : I am Spiderman's Father.
(After which Spiderman gets his hand cut off.)