Upwelling

K

Killerbob

How about this one:

Upwelling(green enchantment, 3g): Manapools doesnt empty...

This could be fun! The obvious is to play big/x-spells. But other tricks should be possible. Pygmy hippo and drain power would be nice.

Other ideas?

T

train

Power Surge... and Mana Barbs...

Then a Mana Short, and fireball - split to everything...

M

Mikeymike

Claws of Gix to dissuade your opponent from using it.

Seedborn Muse, Mirari's Wake/Mana Flare, Riptide Replicator along with a number of other X spells.

If you got some cash, back it up with Mana Drain

If you want to make a really interesting game, play Eladamri's Vineyard as well.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Upwelling and DWARVEN PONY!!!!!!!!!

*Room goes silent.*

Hey, it COULD happen.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ferret

Staff member
One word: Counterspell! Just before the end of your opponent's turn, tap your Islands - You've got two blue mana floating around. If you don't use it, it's still there ready to counter. If you don't counter any spells, the mana can build up each turn...imagine the size of the creatures that "slow" Blue can pull off...

-Ferret

"Of course the same could hold true for green..."

T

train

One word: Counterspell
Mark my 2 forthcoming words: Banned/Restricted. This may be stoppable in type 2, but now add a howling mine on top of the already huge Psychatog, or B/U, or Wake decks... this is downright dangerous...

Try running this with Red Masticore, Tinker, Necropotence, Academy...

"It will be added to the B/R for some format...";)

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by train
Mark my 2 forthcoming words: Banned/Restricted.
Waitaminute! I said it would be restricted first in another thread. If it gets banned I'll give you credit for saying it first, but my money is on just restricting it...:D

-Ferret

"Remember Memory Jar? It was almost banned before the prerelease..."

K

Killerbob

Idont think it will be restricted. Its a cc4 enchantment which doesnt do anything. And you opponent will have the chance to use it first. Maybe banned because of rules problems.

Counterspells seems like a good idea. The Hippodeck is coming...

T

train

But your opponent doesn't have the chance to use it first... you may have more mana open or even time walk... Then it gets really dangerous...

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by train
But your opponent doesn't have the chance to use it first... you may have more mana open or even time walk... Then it gets really dangerous...
To heck w/ Time Walk - how about that blue card that gives TWO EXTRA TURNS - it costs about nine mana, but w/ this Enchantment in play that shouldn't be too hard for blue...

-Ferret

"Dark days are coming againl; I can feel it..."

T

train

Dark days are coming againl; I can feel it...
Reminds me of when I was winning shop tourneys...

"The joy of Sneak Attack is so overwhelming...":)

W

whuppinboy

nothing a good disenchant can't handle :p

but how about using upwelling with cabal coffers? woot, now that's some corrupt-ion going on there :D

K

Killerbob

Su-Chi, Cathodion, Thran turbine, Mana Drain, priest of Gix, even Mishras Workshop. It could be ok in an artifact deck.

It would be great with some permanent which could counter several times each turn. Does it exist?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think there's at least a creature (Barrin? Ertai?) who needs to tap to counter (along with needing mana) so if you can untap him also, maybe...

T

train

It would be great with some permanent which could counter several times each turn. Does it exist?
It's called: Null Brooch & Arcane Laboratory... A favorite of mine in my blue playing days...

And the null brooch fits perfectly in the artifact deck... now all you need is one blue mana....;)

"Multiple null brooches, and Voltaic keys are just wrong..."

N

Nightstalkers

i alway liked:

4x Sapphire Medallion
4x Capsize
4x Perigrine Drake

bouncy aint it :D

E

EricBess

I've always been a fan of Archane Lab. My favorite way to abuse it was with Lifeline / Daring Apprentice / Apprentice Necromancer. Throw in Temporal Adept for good measure.

N

Nightstalkers

Hah! you do have a nasty sense of humor to play something like that... But of course I still play with portal Nightstalkers. Why don't they reprint 'em so that I can play in tournaments!!!

oh well, Upwelling seems to be a rare to get for green because of all of them humongo costin' critters that they be hav'in in Scourge

T

train

Upwelling seems to be a rare to get for green because of all of them humongo costin' critters that they be hav'in in Scourge
It'll be run with blue... trust me...

"Once again the World Champion deck has Blue in it, that makes me sad..."