Unspeakable evil

L

Lythand

I copied this from an artical a guildie of mine posted for FFA online. This deck rocks.

The whole article can be found here
I suggest reading the article to see how it works..besides awesomly

The Unspeakable Evil

So what is this deck?

Since it is mono-black, destroys opponents, and makes you feel "dirty" when you play it; I will call it Unspeakable Evil.

Unspeakable Evil - A Pauper Challenge Deck

Creatures- 20

Crypt Rats x4

Gravedigger x4

Highway Robber x4

Phyrexain Rager x4

Twisted Abomination x4

Enchantments- 2

Death Watch x2

Instants- 4

Grim Harvest x4

Sorcerys- 12

Consume Spirit x4

Corrupt x4

Drain Life x4

Land- 22

Swamp x22

L

Limited

The only thing that seems weird are the Death Watches.. are they worth playing?

Other than that, it seems like a solid deck.

L

Lythand

Well its a one mana drop. And if you think about it, say put it on a 2/2 crature, opponant looses 2 life and you gain 2. So now there is a 4 life difference and a loss of a creature.

Another good cool idea for this deck, splashing some plains or the generic duals that you drop and have to return a land to your hand, and add soul link. Especialy in a mulitplayer game this rocks.

N

Nightstalkers

The problem with death watch is that if you aren't putting it onto your opponents smaller critters, you'll almost never have it trigger as your opponent will either never block or you'll end up wasting removal on a 1/1 or a 2/2 that your opponent will use for something else.

L

Lythand

I ussually put it on a 2/2 or bigger. I try for at least a 3/3 though. And it doesnt matter. I rarely have to attack with this deck. Primarily I just use the creatures as tools. I rely on the Rats for mass kill, and the sourceries as the main kill. As a matter of fact I have played a totaly of 10 games now. I am 9:1. I lost to a mirror match up. And out of all those games, I only had to attack once.

But hey! Thats what great about the memebers of this clan. You guys are smart. Feel free to remove the Death watch and play something else. Like my previous suggestion, splsh in like 3 or 4 Orzhov Basilica and replace the deathwatch with Soul Link. Smack the soul link on the Rats. Mass removal/life.

L

Lythand

train said:
A Lake of the dead could boost your kill a little sooner...

Yes, however sticking with the theme of it being commons, it would take away from the theme. And if anything I would use the one land that gives you one black for every swamp in play..can't remember the name.