Unofficial Survey

Killer Joe

Here's the Likert Scale,......again.
1=Strongly disagree
2=Disagree
3=not sure/undecided
4=Agree
5=Strongly agree

1.) Do you think the 'Off-Topic' forum is a good thing for the CPA?
2.) Do you think the CPA should have a 'social club' appeal to it?
3.) Do you think the CPA should reconsider it's mission statement?
4.) Do you think spamming should be curtailed on the CPA message boards.
5.) Would you be cool to the idea of finding out that YOU were identified as a known 'spammer'?
6.) Would YOU ever identify a spammer and let him/her know about it?
7.) Do you think the growth of the CPA has diluted the quality of the threads and their posts on the boards?
8.) Do you think that posting only Magic related subjects should be mandatory on these boards?
9.) Do you think there should be a more 'in-depth' discussion on these topics?
10.) Write in your own question.

A

Apollo

1. 5
2. 5
3. 3
4. 4
5. 4 (I imagine I already am; hopefully I'm a funny one, though; and I try not to do the incredibly blatant spam, like "spamspamspamspam")
6. 3
7. 4
8. 1
9. 3
10. x

D

DÛke

My answer is 2; I disagree. Some of the stuff is good, but the rest is complete spam, and it looks like it's staying that way. It's a complete distraction from Magic.

I choose 4; I agree. Hey, we're all friends. We made friends here, and it is hard to talk about only Magic. I understand this. However, one should limit his or herself to certain subjects. We don't want to know everything that goes on you know, but something interesting or entertaining, something everyone can participate in upon will.

My choice is 1; I strongly disagree. The CPA’s mission statement is wide and clear. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

4.) Do you think spamming should be curtailed on the CPA message boards?
I will go with 4: I agree.

5.) Would you be cool to the idea of finding out that YOU were identified as a known 'spammer'?
I'll go with 5: I strongly agree. I know I'm a spammer, and I'm sorry. I'm changing for the sake of you people.

My choice is 4: I agree. Yes, from now on, I will kindly PM the spammers and just nicely tell them to stop; nicely. A couple of these nice little PMs, and then, I'll have to work my own style on them.

7.) Do you think the growth of the CPA has diluted the quality of the threads and their posts on the boards?
I'll go with 5: I strongly agree. True. More people mean a harder to control environment. We need more moderators.

8.) Do you think that posting only Magic related subjects should be mandatory on these boards?
I for sure will choose 1: completely disagree. However, people should watch what they're posting, and make sure it's not a spam, because they'll be pissing some people off, including me.

I go with 4: I agree. I think this is serious. It's the future of the CPA, however, this subject seems to be "dying" down. I hope people understand my change, and how they should respect each other's thoughts and opinions. If someone doesn’t like spamming, don't spam. Atleast tone yourself down people, just a bit. It's not that hard.

10.) Is it possible for YOU rader tone down your spamming rate IF you're a spammer?
I choose 5: I strongly agree. Duke has changed. As you can see, I have spammed no more as of the day I said the change. This will live on eternally.

G

Gerode

1-strong no 5-strong yes

1. 4
2. 5
3. 4
4. 2
5. 3
6. 2
7. 1
8. 1
9. 5
10. Is the spam issue is a serious problem? 2

H

Hawaiian mage

5: If there were no Off Tpic Forum, I wouldn't be here right now.

?: It doesn't all ready?

1:Why? You know WotC will screw up somewhere and piss us off again.

2: I'm not sure what curtailed means, but I'm assumeing it's to get rid of it. If your defenition of spam is anything non-magic related, of course not. But if you mean compleatly useless posts, like something that says "spam" and nothing else, then I would agree.

What's your defenition of spam. :rolleyes:

Yes?:I participated in the notables. The first award was who spams the most. I think that would be yes(how do you rate this kind of question?)

3:It has been diluted, but it's still grand quality.

-666: Ha ha ha ha no. Most of the magic stuff i just rehash after rehash, and I only read a little of that stuff. I've gotten bored with new sets so I'm not "with it" and don't read any of that stuff.

?: What is that suposed to mean?

5: I agree fully with this one. :)

H

Hetemti

4. I'd visit half as much if the Off-Topic board was not there. Not that I use it much, but that it's more interesting than the 17th thread about "Are the sets released too fast?"

2. No, it should have a "Magic Card Posting Board" appeal to it.

3. Wouldn't know, never read it.

2. Spam gives the boards some flavor. Hammy flavor.

4. I don't mind...they have yet to see me spam. >:)

2. That would only incourage more spam.

1. Growth? Quality? What are these things?

1. What are you going to do if they don't? I doubt God Ed wants to spend the rest of his days locking threads and banning posters. Hmm...wasn't this covered in the bit about "Off-Topic?"

1. Depth is for the front page, not for the boards. If you want a Magic-Only, Spamfree board donning Blue, Grey, and White for all eternity, fine. Go ahead. Knock yourselves out. Oh, and don't get up, I'll see myself to the door.

Why?
1. Hey, making me think is not fair.

D

DÛke

Ok, so now I'm really confused. Is spam good or bad? Am I being too "edgy" by saying what I've said in here and other threads regarding this issue?What I understand now, seeing all the people say the different stuff in different threads is: "spam while making sense, and don't spam too often, leave some room for other spammers." Is that the statement?

I don't like to restrict myself, but seeing how repulsive some people are, you have to think if you should change or not, and I guess I thought I should; I will, but due to people's opinions, I guess I shouldn't change to the degree I was aiming for, but for the degree I could achieve.

H

Hawaiian mage

THAT is the kind of spam we don't need. While I myself find it easier to read peoples one sentance remarks, anything that is only one word or phrase is spam.

That should have had a small explanation as too why I was luaghing instead of just posting someone that no one could possibly ever care about.

Oh my god... I just realized I'm a spammer! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

A

Apollo

I don't like to restrict myself, but seeing how repulsive some people are, you have to think if you should change or not, and I guess I thought I should; I will, but due to people's opinions, I guess I shouldn't change to the degree I was aiming for, but for the degree I could achieve.
That is one of the most confusing sentances I have ever read. My small bird mind cannot wrap itself around it, so whatever you said, I completely agree with you, DUke.:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
1=Strongly disagree
2=Disagree
3=not sure/undecided
4=Agree
5=Strongly agree

1.) Do you think the 'Off-Topic' forum is a good thing for the CPA? 4
2.) Do you think the CPA should have a 'social club' appeal to it? 4
3.) Do you think the CPA should reconsider it's mission statement? 4
4.) Do you think spamming should be curtailed on the CPA message boards. 4
5.) Would you be cool to the idea of finding out that YOU were identified as a known 'spammer'? 3, mainly because I'm not sure what this question means
6.) Would YOU ever identify a spammer and let him/her know about it? 4
7.) Do you think the growth of the CPA has diluted the quality of the threads and their posts on the boards? 5
8.) Do you think that posting only Magic related subjects should be mandatory on these boards? 2
9.) Do you think there should be a more 'in-depth' discussion on these topics? 3 because we've been talking about this on other threads
What is the definition of "spam"?

G

Gizmo

Questions 1-5: 4
Question 6: 3
Question 7-9: 2
Question 10: Why? And if so - When?

N

Nyx

1=Strongly disagree
2=Disagree
3=not sure/undecided
4=Agree
5=Strongly agree

1. 5

2. 4

3. 2

4. Depends on who defines Spam.

5. If I were, I'd take it well.

6. I'm proud to say I've had 4 people kicked off their ISP's for sending me Spam.

7. Can't say, I've not been here long enough.

8. 1 Defeats the purpose of the term Casual don't it?

9. 5

10. Are you implying that coconuts may be migratory? (5)

D

Duel

1.) Do you think the 'Off-Topic' forum is a good thing for the CPA? 2
2.) Do you think the CPA should have a 'social club' appeal to it? 1
3.) Do you think the CPA should reconsider it's mission statement? 4
4.) Do you think spamming should be curtailed on the CPA message boards. 4
5.) Would you be cool to the idea of finding out that YOU were identified as a known 'spammer'? I am, right?
6.) Would YOU ever identify a spammer and let him/her know about it? 2
7.) Do you think the growth of the CPA has diluted the quality of the threads and their posts on the boards? 2
8.) Do you think that posting only Magic related subjects should be mandatory on these boards? 1
9.) Do you think there should be a more 'in-depth' discussion on these topics? 4
10.) Why did the dead baby cross the road?

C

Chaos Turtle

1. 4
2. 4
3. 5 (I think we should drop it altogether.)
4. 5 (Please, god.)
5. 3
6. 4
7. 2
8. 1
9. 3 (Don't care.)
0. Do YOU bother reading the front page? (2)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I find that disappointing for some reason...:(

Anyhow, here's my answers:

1.) Do you think the 'Off-Topic' forum is a good thing for the CPA? 5 (It keeps the other forums more "on topic")

2.) Do you think the CPA should have a 'social club' appeal to it? 3 (It's good, but when it gets out of hand it's horribly distracting)

3.) Do you think the CPA should reconsider it's mission statement? 2 (But I think it should be a reflection of the current beliefs of the majority of it's members)

4.) Do you think spamming should be curtailed on the CPA message boards. 4 (Through self-policing though, not by censorship)

5.) Would you be cool to the idea of finding out that YOU were identified as a known 'spammer'? 3 (I've been known to have some fun - isn't that why we've been put on this planet? ;))

6.) Would YOU ever identify a spammer and let him/her know about it? 4 (Though reluctantly, and I WON'T censor content unless it includes profanity)

7.) Do you think the growth of the CPA has diluted the quality of the threads and their posts on the boards? 4 (But it's gotten a LOT better lately! :D)

8.) Do you think that posting only Magic related subjects should be mandatory on these boards? 1 (Again, FUN IS GOOD!)

9.) Do you think there should be a more 'in-depth' discussion on these topics? 5 (I think it's up to us to define our group's character through discussion)

10.) Do you think we can make a difference in this game? 5 (Or I wouldn't be here ;))

Z

Zadok001

Warning: I'm including explanations, and you guys know how long-winded I can get under the right circumstances...

1. 3. I know that a lot of people like the forum as a rule, and I know I greatly appriciate some of the threads in it. On the other hand, there are those threads that serve no purpose... Off Topic Within Reason, perhaps it should be called.

2. 5. Absolutely. To some extent, I believe the CPA has made a difference in casual Magic simply by keeping players in the game. It does this by showing them that yes, there are some really cool guys/gals out there to chat with. Without that aspect, I don't think this site would be worth its salt.

3. 3. Sort of. The mission statement itself is solid, but as of now, WotC is doing a brilliant job, IMHO. There's very little I would want to change at the moment (well, that I can think of, at any rate). But that may change, and if it does, then we have a reason to fight.

4. 5. YES. Too much spam is a very Bad Thing(tm). Fortunately, I think a lot of people here ARE self-policing, and the Founders only tend to do something when it goes well over the top...

5. 1. Not really, no... But I'm fairly certain no one would identify me as such, so I'm happy. :) And if I was, I would simply work to change by behavior and make everyone happy again. I don't like spam, I would hate to be a spammer.

6. 5. Yes, without hesitation. I've PMed several people about this already.

7. 4. Yes, but, as TomB said, it's gotten a LOT better.

8. 2. No, the Off Topic board is not a Bad Thing(tm). Keeping everyone limited too much creates a restrictive environment, and we would lose some brilliant posters to such actions.

9. 5. Duh.

10. 5. That's why I emailed the Baron in the first place, and I think we _are_ making a difference, simply by existing.

B

Bob

1. 5(Off topic is my favorite place!!!)
2. 5(Definetly! The CPA should be fun!!!)
3. 3
4. 4
5. 4
6. 1
7. 2
8. -1,000,000
9. 3

D

DÛke

...that MOST people in here, that are actually active, LIKE if not LOVE - the CPA as it is...we don't need to change after all...nobody would come, and this place would be the stupidest place the internet will ever see...