Ugh - just found an annoying combo

M

Mikeymike

Another way to make Call of the Herd better - Burning Wish.

After you use a Herd twice, the Wish can go fetch a sorcery that's been removed from the game, giving you another 2 uses of your pachyderm maker.

After you do this once you can use the next wish to turn up to go get an Overrrun.

T

theorgg

Does this make R/G any better, though? I've got a friend that says most things are just too slow for Frog, and that's the only R/G deck that I can think of in Type ][][...

Then again, that could get pretty sick in a chaos game... then again, the wishes are going to be sickening in a Chaos game, too...

M

Mikeymike

Not necessarily for Frog, I was thinking more for OBC where R/G doesn't have quite as much speed.

Besides that, new decks are going to be built with each wish, and I personally think Burning Wish will be decently powerful in type 2 as it can pull mass removal, spot removal, general utility, and creature/sorceries. I like it with Recoup too.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Well, you could play Wish turn 2, Call turn 3 and 4...

M

Mikeymike

I'm thinking something like this (keep in mind Burning Wish is 1RR)

1 - BoP
2 - Call
3 - Flash the Call
4 - Wish the Call back
5 - Call
6 - Flash the Call.

Or
1 Bop
2 - Mongrel
3 - discard RoW, play RoW from the Grave
4 - Wish the RoW back
5 - discard RoW, play RoW from the Grave

Its not revolutionizing R/G, I am just really fond of its utility and its ability to help you quickly recover from mass removal and/or add more versions of your favorite flashback spell to your deck.