UCLA Student Tasered

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Maybe they were jerks about it, but I feel the kid got what he deserved. All he had to do was show his ID and he made a big stink about it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

According to the statement, the kid forgot his ID. I would have been in favor of the first tasering. If he would have just left when told, then he would not have been tasered. However, like the article below it said, Once you are tasered with a sufficient blast, it takes some time to regain your motor functions. One tasering would have been enough to handcuff the kid and be able to get him out with out further incident. They officers have just set themselves up for a lovely little court battle, and will probably by suspended at the very least.

This is one of the reasons why I am eternally gratefull that I do not live in California or New York. I am sure there are a few things similar in Texas, however, we here in the south, have a bit more common sense...and now...back to the show!

Tag Guard

Killer Joe

If the student was an immediate threat i.e. weapon waving and such then yes tasering was appropiate. The kid walks in and by passes the guards they could've immediately shut-down the building by evacuating it. Wanna talk about NO SYMPATHY for jerky student who wanted to cause trouble? Right there but no *machoism* I'm sure had a big part in it for all involved: "I'm a gurad and you will bow to me" - "I'm a snotty nosed-kid who OWNS you via taxes/intuition and such so I don't have to listen to you and I laugh in your general direction!"

Final verdict:
Gaurds: Zero
Student: $$$$$

Z

Zigathon

I think its funny that all the news articles are neglect to mention the number of times he was tased. They also say he was "encouraging other students to join his resistance." Really? Where? There's a video of it! Not once did I hear the kid say something like, "Hey fellow students, lets riot!" Oh wait, none of the news articles even bother to link to the video...

R

Reverend Love

Lets see:

1 Snot nosed, impudent self entitled brat? Check.

2 Mall security types completely bungling a manageable situation? Check.

Looks like we've got ourselves a perfect scenario for internets entertainment.

But in all seriousness the kid was a turd but didn't deserve being tasered. A stern spanking maybe but not the 1.21 jigawatts of discipline they administrated. I’m going to don my internet pundit hat and say a lack of training combined with a poor understanding of the use of force is to blame for this spectacle. They should have kept their cool, called in the disturbance and continued to sternly request the child’s compliance. Instead they zapped him, probably will lose their jobs and made a civil rights martyr out of an immature goomba.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Reverend Love said:
But in all seriousness the kid was a turd but didn't deserve being tasered. A stern spanking maybe but not the 1.21 jigawatts of discipline they administrated.
A stern spanking would proabably still have become a spectacle, but in an entirely more amusing way...