Type 2 B/G Madness

H

Hazur

Now that my type 1 deck is out of the way, I'd like your opinions on my type 2 deck (I've gotten a lot of suggestions already, but I figure the more help on it the better.)

Creatures:
4 Wild Mongrel
4 Basking Rootwalla
4 Arrogant Wurm
2 Merfolk Looter
3 Aquamoeba
4 Wonder

Spells:
4 Aether burst
4 Careful Study
4 Roar of the Wurm
1 Bearscape (Mostly for mono black control opposition)
2 Deep Analysis
3 Quiet Speculation

Lands:
11 Forests
10 Islands

(I don't like using pain land, mana base is smooth enough without it.)

Any suggestions/opinions would be wonderful, thanks all.

-Hazur

T

train

The deck looks pretty solid... do you have a sideboard?

The only thing I can think of would be a squirrel nest instead of bearscape. You'd be able to make squirrels tapping just the one land and won't lose cards from your graveyard.

(and just to let you know: The capital letter B is usually for Black and U is understood as Blue)

B

BigBlue

Circular Logic?

I'd cut back a bit on Wonder (2 or 3 instead of 4) and take out Careful Study for Osessive Search.

But that's just me.

M

Mikeymike

My buddy has a similar deck built. Initially argued to him that Obsessive Search was better but after playing Careful Study I realized I was wrong. Its a cheap motor and works wonders (no pun intended) in here.

I'd find room for 1 more Deep Analysis. That gives you 7 flashback cards, meaning if you happen to draw 1 (flashback card) you'll be able to cast 2 worthwhile Quiet Specs. Plus its never a bad draw - unless you get mana screwed. I would cut 1 Wonder or 1 Aquameoba for it.

Looking at Wonder, 4 seems like too many - but its vital to the deck. At the worst its a 3U 2/2 flyer, so keep the 4 for now. I would try it with 3 just to see if it remains smooth, if it does remain smooth keep it out of the decklist.

Last thing, cosnider Cephalid Colisseum. No more than 1 or 2 b/c you land count is low, but it is a strong ability in this deck.

Keep the Bearscape over the Squirrel's Nest. Many MBC builds run a single copy of Rancid Earth specifically for that card. Bearscape, on the other hand, they can't do a thing about, and it protects you from Haunting Echoes.