Tweak my deck: RGB Lhurgoyf

V

Venton

I've had some form of Lhurgoyf deck for almost as long as I've been playing magic (Ice Age, 4th). I think my first one used Pestilence and Nevinyrral's along with Terror and such to fill up the graveyards.
I've had my current RGB version for a while now and i can't think of a whole lot that needs changing. maybe swap out a couple of the creatures.
Looking at it now, I should probably have some direct damage in there.
The only real drawback here is when somebody drops a Control Magic, or other creature stealer, on my Lhurgy. That usually sucks. :(

I'm not very familiar with the sets after Odyssey block so there might be some newer stuff that would work well here. What do you all think?
4x Mogg Fanatic
3x Flametongue Kavu
1x Thunderscape Master
4x Llanowar Elves
2x Lhurgoyf
1x Royal Assassin
4x Nekrataal
2x Mortivore
3x Diabolic Edict
3x Lava Zombie
1x Spiritmonger
4x Terminate
4x Pernicious Deed

6x Swamp
2x Mountain
3x Forest
Ebon Stronghold
Bayou
4x Sulfurous Springs
Tainted Peak
4x City of Brass
2x Reflecting Pool

T

train

Look up a "dredge" deck and it could definitely boost your goyf in a quick manner... (It basically fills your gy quickly as you cycle cards, etc...
If you have a big issue with control magic - something like creeping mold, naturalize (a green version of disenchant), or krosan grip (green version of disenchant that cant be countered) could easily help you out...
You could also run something like claws of gix to sac your goyf and other creatures to fill your fy, and prevent them from controlling them...