Trying to find a creature...

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Cheewok22, Apr 5, 2000.

1. Cheewok22 New Member

Are there any creatures for Black or red that can't be the target of spells or abilities? Just wonderin...
  2. Gryphonclaw New Member

No, inherent untargetability is pretty much restricted to green creatures.
    There are a few blue enchantments that grant it though.

The best you can do is go for protection.
    Both red and black have protection from white creatures, and protection from their own colors, and red has protection from blue creatures.
  3. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

You could 'splash' green for Densa Foliage, an enchantment that makes your creatures untargetable by spells. There may be other ways, which might include ablities as well, but I can't think of any offhand.
  4. Griffith_se Guest

There is only one Black creature that even comes close.

'Wall of Shadows', I think it comes from CR, or AN. I think the text is something like this, "Any damage dealt to Wall of shadows is reduced to 0, Wall of Shadows can't be targeted by spells that only target walls".

I'm not sure what your after here, but Zephids Embrace would give a creature +2/+2, Flying, and Untargetability.

Griffith_se
  5. Cheewok22 New Member

Yeah but I play red and black so i need red or black enchantments...
  6. Griffith_se Guest

Then try Vampiric Embrace for Black: +2/+2, flying, and if your enchanted creature kills, you get a +1/+1 counter.

Shivs Embrace for Red: +2/+2, flying, and pump'a'tude. :)

Flying is good.

Griffith_se
  7. Gryphonclaw New Member

Yes, they are good, but he wants untargetability.
    What are you trying to deal with anyway?
    Although this is kind of going off topic.
  8. Griffith_se Guest

I don't think there is anything in black or red that will get untargetability.

Like Gryphon Claw said, let us know what your trying to do. Maybe there is another way.

Griffith_se
  9. Cheewok22 New Member

I was just asking if there is a creature for black &/or red that cannot be the target of spells or abilities. I have Shiv's embrace and its cool but that's not what im lookin for right now.
  10. Griffith_se Guest

No, there isn't.
  11. Cheewok22 New Member

Thank you...:/