Tribond #9 Answer and Scores

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

What do these three have in common?
    • CUSPID
    • INCISOR
    • CANINE

Answer: They're teeth.

Seems that if the question's easy enough, everyone will answer :) Everyone below answered except Zero and got it right, and we even got WickedBoy6 to join.

Scores:

EricBess 7
    sageridder 7
    BigBlue 5.5
    TomB 5
    train 5
    Jigglypuff 4
    rkoelsch 4
    Apollo 3
    WickedBoy6 1
    Zero T Katama 1
  2. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

I am mounting my comeback. You're gonna see me at the top of the standings soon!

(- Steve -)
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

Since he's mounting his comeback - Can I get a point for that...:p
  4. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

I should get a point for having to read train's useless babbling about getting extra points after every post I make. I can't believe that train would be so dorky that he would try to get extra points for the stupidest reasons. :p :p

(- Steve -)
  5. train The Wildcard!!!...

Can I get a point for Puff making up a word? - - "stupidest"...:p
  6. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

Can I get a point for train's obvious lack of vocabulary intelligence? :p :p

In all seriousness, "stupidest" is actually a word.

(- Steve -)
  7. train The Wildcard!!!...

most stupid is the proper...

aint is a word according to webster's....

but I only get the following when typing in "stupidest" at Webster's...

Main Entry: 1stu·pid
    Pronunciation: 'stü-p&d, 'styü-
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle French stupide, from Latin stupidus, from stupEre to be numb, be astonished -- more at TYPE
    Date: 1541
    1 a : slow of mind : OBTUSE b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner c : lacking intelligence or reason : BRUTISH
    2 : dulled in feeling or sensation : TORPID <still stupid from the sedative>
    3 : marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting : SENSELESS
    4 a : lacking interest or point b : VEXATIOUS, EXASPERATING <this stupid flashlight won't work>
    - stu·pid·ly adverb
    - stu·pid·ness noun
    synonyms STUPID, DULL, DENSE, CRASS, DUMB mean lacking in power to absorb ideas or impressions. STUPID implies a slow-witted or dazed state of mind that may be either congenital or temporary <stupid students just keeping the seats warm> <stupid with drink>. DULL suggests a slow or sluggish mind such as results from disease, depression, or shock <monotonous work that leaves the mind dull>. DENSE implies a thickheaded imperviousness to ideas <too dense to take a hint>. CRASS suggests a grossness of mind precluding discrimination or delicacy <a crass, materialistic people>. DUMB applies to an exasperating obtuseness or lack of comprehension <too dumb to figure out what's going on>.

So can I have my point now... I think I just worked for it... :p :p :p
  8. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

From the American Heritage Dictionary:

ADJECTIVE:
    Inflected forms: stu·pid·er , stu·pid·est
    1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse. 2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes. 3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake. 4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied. 5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.
    NOUN:
    A stupid or foolish person.
    OTHER FORMS:
    stu'pid·ly —ADVERB
    stu'pid·ness —NOUN

(- Steve -)