'tis the season and , a concern.

Killer Joe

Question. Can anyone enlighten me as to how the Magic "seasons" work?
For example: Late spring there is a lot of emphasis on T2 tourny play because of the second expansion of a core set. And, as a result, there are nationals. So, the late spring is T2 season, right?
In the winter it seams like "extended" is in season.
End of summer is Block season.
Is there any rhyme or reason to these seasons, or, do I have it ALL screwed up?

BTW, is everybody okay? Things seemed a little weird there for a day or two with the whole DUke exodus thing. I didn't want him to go (I was hoping to patch things up between us) however, it almost reminded me of the troubled days during the mission statement thing a while back when we were at each others throats, I NEVER want THAT to happen again.

T

TheGuyFromTheOtherPost

...am new to Magic, but I'm 34. I could take a guess if you want me to. When a new stand-alone set is released, such as the coming up Invasion, I think people get (over) excited about the new cards, so they focus their power on T2: new cards, (hopefuly) new mechanics, new novel, new everything. The environment is replenished with newer and (probably more) exciting cards. When the other expansion is released, people get (even) more excited, since the (new) mechanics are (hopefuly) developed into the next level of diversity. That's the reason behind the T2 scene.

As for the extend, I'll let another pal or a gal tell you.
It doesn't matter if I'm right or wrong, black or white, American or Mexican, human or inhuman, weak or strong, whatever or whatever, I will always be the Guy from the other post.

A

Apollo

It's based on what events are going on at a given time. For instance, during Regionals and Nationals, it's type 2 season. And whatever PTQ's are going on, it's that season. So right now, it's block season, because the MBC PTQ's are going on.

That make sense?

Apollo

T

theBruce58

Yes, that's exactly so. I've been scouring PES for some events in the 'Valley, and noticed that each area is blocked off for a specific set of tourneys, all high-end.

Then, things started to click...there is a finite number of high-end tourneys, such as Grand Prixs, PTQs, Regionals, State Championships, Nationals, etc, etc. Whatever event is coming up will determine the focus of the herds.

For instance, as Apollo stated, recently, the big focus was on PTQ: Chicago (I think), which was formatted as Masques Block Constructed, so everyone was talking about that.

Coming up, we have PTQ: LA and Invasion Pre-Release, so folks are going to be going on and on about drafting, draft techniques, draft this or that, draft beer, draft dodging...oh, wait...sorry...

D

Duel

I see. That's just a bunch of hot air.

Or did I mean a draft....

M

Mr_Pestilence

Don't worry about Puke - he makes trouble wherever he goes - good riddance!

D

DÛke

Look at what I mean everyone, just called me "Puke", ooooohh. I'm scared now. Muaaa haaa haaa haaa, got that mr.p?
You know what, I don't care, because I could call you "Mr.Pee". So there. You are the most ignorant, the most selfish, greediest, meaningless, pointless, lifeless, hopeless, mindless, just useless man on earth, or where ever you live.

You have no idea how much you make me "puke" when I read your posts.
You have no idea how much hate you create by using your little childish games.
You have no idea how much hate you have created between us.
You have no idea about how you act.
You need to chill down, maybe take a vacation, and live your life up.

You think you can make me leave? That has got to be the stupidest thing I will ever hear.

Anyway, I'm sorry that you are the way you are, but I can't control you, that's fine with me. If you don't want to be friends or anything, that' fine with me; I already have friends, more than I know what to do with, so there.

Just stay the way you are, and lets see where that gets you.

I

Istanbul

*casts Peace Talks*

Let's have a little decorum, please! Move it to the Battle Arena if you must scuffle.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yellowjacket: Well, for the record, I never really thought the mission statement discussion got out of hand, but apparently others did, so....

I just think as more members come on, more vigilence is needed to keep the "friendly atmosphere". It's a problem of growing... :)

D

DÛke

...trust me on this word, because I'm not going to say it anymore: the problem of friendly-ness will no longer be a problem. Why would I say that? Watch for youself, and please, don't flam me until you see what I mean.

As for Mr. Pestilence, if you would really like to discuss your issues and all, why don't you go to MTGnews, and read the article "The nices people on earth...". It is one of my greater articles. It has thought (just like you like), no spelling or grammatical errors (just like you want it), and it's perfect. It just simply some of my thoughts put down on a message board. People seem to like it. Go read it Mr. Pestilence, I gurantee you, it will not be a waste of time. Trust me. Just give me the chance for once...

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ok-duke and Mr.P-stop.

I like both of you and I like your posts. But if one of you bashes the other, ignore it. Dont dignifie it was a essay post. If you guys do wanna fight, I suggest the battle arena or through pm/email as istanbul has suggested.

I dont want to diss either of you and I do want to keep this place friendly.

D

Duel

I agree. Now, I have gotten angry at some people (The whole "On fire" thing pissed me off until they moved it onto off topic.) but mostly about what they do. Insulting people, using unneccesary swearing, not over what they say. eveyone has the right to their opinion, and mine is that if we would follow a simple rule, it would be better: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

M

Mr_Pestilence

I'm gonna shock you, Duke, so read carefully...YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

I shouldn't have called you an unflattering name - that was being childish. The remainder of this post is a cut and paste from mtgnews, so if any of you happened to read it there, you can skip it. And by the way, I completely stand behind all of the statements that follow.

*** Originally posted on mtgnews.com ***

I don't hate you Duke, and never have. I just don't understand why you think your opinion is so important.

You're entitled to your opinion, and it isn't necessary for us to agree on anything, but most of your posts seem very arrogant, as if you don't value anyone's opinion but your own.

Even that's OK, but not everyone cares what you think about every single issue, especially if your "opinion" rambles, is unclear, or contains multiple grammatical or spelling errors (although this aspect of your writing has shown remarkable improvement).

I don't know what you mean by spamming, but you do seem to make a large number of posts in a short period of time. For instance, I saw that you had posted nearly 300 messages on CPA in less than a month - I have been registered there for several months, and just cracked 170+ posts.

So don't take it personally. It's just that when I detect someone who is taking themselves too seriously, I try to deflate them a little.

And it's not like I am the only person to ever criticize you - you seem to get involved in flame wars on a daily basis. To be honest, I didn't even know you had gone to CPA, until I saw a post there by the site administrator reprimanding you, along with other users criticizing you for various things.

If you find yourself involved in regular confrontations with other people, maybe the problem isn't those other people, maybe its you.

I

Istanbul

I have HAD it.

Both of you were feuding on MTGnews.com, and it really put a crimp in the posting of everyone there. Now you're carrying it here, to my new haven?

I DON'T THINK SO.

Mr. Pestilence - Stop posting messages in relation to Duke. Don't talk to him, don't talk about him. Forget he exists.

Duke - Stop posting messages in relation to Mr. Pestilence. Don't talk to him, don't talk about him. Forget he exists.

If the two of you don't stop bickering endlessly in public forums, degrading the quality of conversation wherever you go, you're really going to PISS ME OFF. I don't get that way often, but when I do, it's seldom pretty. Do the right thing and take it to e-mail.

Killer Joe

DUke: Since you're still here, I'll make my peace. I first noticed you in a thread in the "Lobby" of mtgnews that was started by -Squirellmaster-. In that thread he stated how disgusted he was with unintelligent posts with the exception of ericbess and myself. Your reply was that you disagreed with him, but you didn't stop there, you went on to FLAME me but you never took the time or effort to actually communicate with me, in other words, you flamed me in the back.
We all have an egotistical side to us (some of us call it "Pride"), and I wasn't going to let it go unanswered, I should've been an adult about it and let it go (MY FAULT). Anyway, after seeing how silly I was trying to flame back at you, I wanted to extend a friendly reply to you like; "Hi DUke!" or "What T2 deck do you play" and still I felt your rath.
Yeah, I rant alot, but as most folks here know, I'm a friendly guy. So I say to you, "I'm sorry if I pissed you off."
Clean slate, man? See ya around, and I just might start posting regularly in the Lobby again at mtgnews.

BTW, did you once say that your T2 deck was called "Honey and Cheese"?

D

DÛke

...Yellow Guy, I'm really sorry for flaming you the way I did, I was being ignorant. I was mad. I shouldn't be mad when I get on the net, because I'll start flaming people 'randomly', that one day, you were 'lucky' enough to be the 'randomly' selected 'flame on' person. I'm really, really, really, and I can't say it enough, because it would be pointless, but really, I am, really, really sorry about everything. I should have taken the time to read your posts, not just the top, where it always says "WARNING" :).
I am looking forward to reading (and this time replying) to your posts Yellow Guy, trust me on that one. Yes, my T2 deck is called "Honey and Cheese", I don't want to discuss it right now, because I want to free my mind to apologize to you :).

...As for you, Mr. Pestilence. Yes, I've read the whole thing at MTGnews, and I replied to it. I don't want to 'spam' these boards, so why don't you reply over there, or heck, send me a PM, or, an e-mail(as you can tell, Istanbul is really PISSED OFF). This time, we really have talked, and I think we are going to go to the next level, where we might actually become 'friends'. Please reply, some where, we have never graduated to such high level of communication, so let's just finish this. Let's finish this. As much as I hate to ":)" at you, I have to, since you seem like a nice person now that you atleast listened to what I have to say for once, here's another one::).

...Istanbul, chill out man. No one is going to ruin your 'haven', trust me on that one. I will not have any incounter with you in these boards at all, just so we don't get on each other's throats, so I'll leave you the way clear, just for you. Don't worry about me spaming, because you if you can tell, I didn't spam today, I just posted like a normal being. This is the way I will continue, and if I spam, I'll let you get on my throat, alright Stan?

A

Almindhra

I say Istanbul said something right this time...*grin*...And I feel like this is all one big sappy group hug from the Real World...

...you flamed me in the back...
...lol...Ok, so I'm immature!...But come on, Yellowjacket, you set your self up...

Obviously Mr P ain't gonna like you...Get over it...This whole thing is just a wanna-be drama, and its actually dumb...You've taken it everywhere, to different websites, all over the posts, whining about it...He doesn't care Duke...Seriously just shut up about the whole thing...

D

DÛke

...don't you give him a chance? Maybe he'll turn out right?
Hey, if I'm willing to try, everyone should have no problem with that. I'm not going to write it here though, if he doesn't want to do it throughout PMs or emails, then I don't want to work it out. There.

Almindhra, I can't stress this enough, but I have already told you, I really like you, but you are the biggest ":)bitch:)" I have ever seen in my whole entire life. I like you a lot though, and that's all that counts! As long as I don't call you "baby" and/or "sweetheart" lol :)