Time Stretch

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Lythand, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Lythand Veteran CPA Member

Ok here is a tough one..

This ruling is for a Multiplayer game. I am going to assign players letters.

Player A
    Player B
    Player C
    Player D

Its player A's turn and next in turn is player B

Player A cast Time Stretch. Player C cast fork targeting himself as new target for the resolution of the forked Time Strech. Player A says that the forked Time Strech has no legal target. In order for the second Time stretch to resolve it would have to be on the next player in secsession..meaning Player B because he is the next in the turn loop. Player C argues and says that he gets his two extra turns out of the loop before player B. Who is correct. Why.

And I know someone will ask...Player D is dumbfounded and has no clue whats going on.
  2. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Extra turns are taken in the order they are generated. After A ended his turn, C would take two turns from his Fork, then A would take two turns from the Time Stretch (which didn't resolve until after the Fork did), then it would go to B's turn and things would be normal again.
  3. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Time Stretch says "take an extra two turns after this one" which in no way is dependent on who is taking the current turn.

So, Oversoul is totally correct.
  4. orgg Administrator

Oversoul has it right.
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Are YOU Player D, Lythand? ;)
  6. Lythand Veteran CPA Member

No I was actually player C :)

Local card shop I been playing at has a huge amout of players who play multiplayer. Problem is that most of them are not fluent with the rules. I feel like a mastermind when I go to this place since I seem to know the rules better, and now they are ussualy asking me how the mechanics work. Just this one guy I never seen before was playing and started telling me I don't know the rules. Well since he out weighed me by about 200 pounds..and Im a bug guy myself. I wasn't going to argue too much.