This is where Child of Gaea is going to post his killer Energy Field deck.

B

Baron Sengir

Child of Gaea made a new deck the other day that works the weak. It is pretty brutal. Post the sucker, Child!!!!

I remain
The Baron
I hate Energy Field

C

Child of Gaea

This deck is basically an old idea with a couple new tricks. Here goes:

4x Energy Field
4x Reins of Power
4x Goblin Bombardment
4x Impulse
4x Brainstorm
4x Bulwark
4x Boomerang
4x Capsize
4x Library of Leng
4x Control Magic
4x Kaerveks Torch
22x Island

Obviously for this deck to work I have to get out an energy field pretty early. Then I just basically sit and wait while my opponent builds up creatures. Then the old combo, attack with all his creatures and sac them to the Bombardment. The Capsizes and Boomerangs are in case I want to play something and do not have an extra one in hand or in case of disenchant, elvish lyrist, etc... I threw in the Bulwarks after being decked because my opponent wouldnt do anything and also because I played a sligh deck where once I played the reins of power he had enough mana to respond and kill me with lightning bolt, fireblast, etc... I have gotten smarter playing with this deck and now the only times I lose are against strong counterspell decks when I cant get the field out because of Force of Will. If I can get it out against a counter deck then I let the Bulwark and Library of Leng do the fighting for me. I did lose against a Grindstone, Millstone deck but how many of those do you see out there? Well any suggestions to the counterspell problem would be appreciated and BTW, this deck is 27-4 so far.

[Edited by Child of Gaea (10-01-1999 at 01:00 PM).]

Z

Zadok001

Now that's creativity! I've seen the whole Reins of Power trick before, but not in conjunction with the Field or Bulwark. Very nice indeed.

(I have nothing to say, I'm just posting at random now...)

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

M

mstrong

I have a similar deck which uses altar of dementia in conjuction with Millstones and grindstones.
It has a strong backup of counterspells and capsizes to get rid of those things I dont want to see.
It also has a lot of fun with Gilded Drake, Snap,Unsummon tricks.
It looks like a pile if you see a decklist but it is surprisingly effective against most things.
I call it
"What Cards?"

4 Altar of Dementia Artifact Artifact n/a
2 Grindstone Artifact Artifact n/a
2 Millstone Artifact Artifact n/a

2 Archivist Summon Wizard Blue 1/1
4 Gilded Drake Summon Drake Blue 3/3
2 Spire Owl Summon Bird Blue 1/1

4 Counterspell Interrupt Blue n/a
4 Duress Sorcery Black n/a
2 Energy field
2 Lobotomy Sorcery Multicolor n/a
2 Persecute Sorcery Black n/a
4 Reins of Power Instant Blue n/a

4 Unsummon Instant Blue n/a
4 Snap Instant Blue

9 Island
7 Swamp Land
3 Underground Sea Land
3 Remote Isle
It is a bit oversized at the moment but I dont know what to trim, if anything.

C

Child of Gaea

This may sound imcredibly weird but I would like to remake this deck into a type 2 legal deck because a guy I played against got pissed off and said "in type 2 I would kick the sh!t out of that deck". I beat him 20 life to negative 14life and he was so frustrated I think he started to cry! He was a pro tour wannabe that made me want to puke.

Anyways, any suggestions for making this type 2 legal would be cool because I would love to play him again and shove it down his throat!

Child