Think about it...

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Just some CPA stats for you to chew on. :)

* Posts in last 24 hours: 451
* Threads made in last 24 hours: 20

* Page /cpa/forums/index.php has been hit 945 time(s) in the last 24 hours.
* Page /cpa/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=9 has been hit 311 time(s) in the last 24 hours. (OT forum)
* Page /cpa/ has been hit 310 time(s) in the last 24 hours.

* Total pageviews in last 24 hours: 7100

* Total accesses yesterday: 40,830 (note: not pageviews)
* In bytes: 286,698,423 (~286 megabytes)

* http://www.magic-singles.com/cpa/article/get.php?action=getarticle&articleid=175 has been hit 267 times this week.

* Last week, we served over 1.5 gigabytes of traffic

Paid ads are imminent (sp?) I believe. Deal with it.

N

nodnarb24

Cool all that useless information unless you run the site which you do. I don't really mind if you put paid ads.

N

nanokill

sure...we can deal with it...it is your site....you and the other founders do make the rules not us.

M

Multani

NOOOOOOO!!!!!
Did the Dojo have ads?
(Multani pulls out a machine gun and shoots the nearest businessman.)
Not Ads!!!
(Multani goes off and sulks with Apollo.)

J

Jaws10387

I don't think we should have ads unless we really need them. But it is your site so you can do what you want with it. [me]Jaws goes and sulks with Multani and Apollo[/me]
Anyway what do ads do anyway? What is there purpose?

D

Darsh

Just a quick question, will the ads be on every post or just on the main pages?

C

Cerberus

It is your web page so do what you may I think that I could live with having one or two ads but not 10 or 20. A few is no big deal

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Every page, before the page fold, or whatever they call that (ie, in the header) :D

Jaws/Multani - care to donate some money monthly then to take care of the bills?

J

Jaws10387

Bills? :confused::confused::confused:What bills? For server space? For the sytem that runs the thing? I never have any money so i couldn't help with that. [me] goes back to sulking[/me]

D

Darsh

I don't see why there are some complaining, I'm surprised there aren't already ads on this site this is probably the only site I visit that doesn't have ads. Do people think a website is free?

J

Jaws10387

It can be. Just use Geocities or homestead. I know this guy that has a website on geocities that uses 11 meg of server space and its free. You might have to make more than one page and then link them but it still works.

D

Darsh

Those pages have ads. They have ads linking to the main site Geocities or Homestead. Anyway does this look like Geocities to you?

H

Hawaiian mage

Bring on the ads! I can advertise MTGcraft legally now!

Oh, and those free service providers suck. You have to type in "geocities" or "homestead" into the address which sucks on it's own, then they have their own advertisments spread across your page.
Just thought I would point that out.

[Alakazam! Go away sig! :) --Ed]

[Abra-cadabra! That was hilarious! --Zadok001]

D

Darsh

Hawaiian mage would you please get rid of that long sig? It's just not funny anymore.

J

Jaws10387

Ok, fine put in the ads. As long as they are only like small things in the corners of the page. And they are only on the main pages not in every thread. I'll probably just ignore them anyway unless they are actually good sites. And Hawiian Mage ditch the sig ok? Unless you pay Ed for the advertizing. It would cost you a lot of money though to have it in every one of your posts though. What sites did you have in mind for advertizing Ed?

D

Darsh

Umm Jaws he said they will be above the banner which means they will be on every page in the site. My guess is that they will be regular sized ads.

H

Hawaiian mage

I'm siriouse about advertiseing MTGcraft! How much would it cost for a months worth of java based alterating banner scripts? $20? $30? I'll pay up to $45 if there aren't to many other advertisments.
C'mon! Even casual players pay for their cards! Advertise!

[no dragon for now, Ok?]

M

Multani

(Multani continues sobbing.)
The old order is gone. The pardise has been drenched in evil.
Burecracy(sp?) a b**** ain't it?
(Multani collapses from all the sobbing and crying.)

D

Darsh

Hawaiian mage you don't need ads I found your site long before I heard about it here. And thanks for taking down the Dragon (It was pretty cool though)