The Ultimate Nightmare of Wizards of the Coast(R) Customer Service

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Mikeymike, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

in that case you light the card on fire with you handy lighter, and play it as whatever color the ashes are.
  2. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

NorrYtt is my new hero.

:p :D
  3. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

It doesn't matter what color mana you use to pay the cost, its the color mana which is required.
    The color mana used will be Red since the plains produce Red.
  4. EricBess Active Member

Nightstalker is correct in general. It doesn't matter what color mana is used to cast the spell, or the color of the text around the spell. The only thing that matters is the color of mana required to cast the spell in determining what color the spell is.

However, what Nightstalker fails to take into consideration is that this card is a bit Unglued. For the most part, they play very much like any other card, but in this particular case, I happen to know for a fact that the card in question is officially Black...If Naked Singularity were in play when you cast it, however, it would be White/Red. It's really not that complicated people, keep up :D
  5. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

I got the same question about determining color of spells when I was judging a tourney a while back (unsanctioned... judge got sick 40 people what are you gonna do?) and a guy started arguing about an artifact being green (because of using green mana) and not being able to use its tapping ability (obviously in liue of the summoning sickness?).

Artifacts are colorless no matter what mana you use to pay for them with. and unless its an artifact creature, it can use its abilities after it comes into play.
  6. Rooser Thread Necromancer

But then you play Celestial Dawn and......

And if you play this card on Tuesdays, it counts as orange damage.
  7. EricBess Active Member

See, Rooster's got the idea. I told you it wasn't that hard.
  8. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

and when playing in the rain its teal?

are you serious? :confused:

;) :p :D
  9. EricBess Active Member

Is it possible to be serious with an unglued card?
  10. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

Oh yeah, I've got a R/U coin-flip deck that runs 4x Goblin Bookies, with various coin-flipping bombs (hehe) like Frenetic Efreet, Bottle of Sulieman, Wild Wurm, Mogg Assassin, Mijae Djinn and the power house Crooked Scales (yes this card is very good). I often experiment with other coin-flippers as well.

Coincidentally, I want to put the 'Ultimate' in another U/R deck of mine. This one is a Mana-Flare deck running Mirari's and huge Sorcery/Instants. It could be quite strong in there I feel - and I'm also looking to get away from the secondary buyback theme of the deck (4x Memory Crystals) as my group doesn't really enjoy me casting 4 Capsize or 8 Mind Games per turn.
  11. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

see, ya need to be serious with serious strategy...

just how good does this coin flip deck work?
  12. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

Its no tourney-winner, that's for sure. But I did beat an Invasion legal Psychatog deck with it once. The kid looked like he was about to cry afterwards.

I'm going on a trip, but on Sunday I'll post the decklist in the forums.
  13. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

it would be nice if everyone braught out their crazy decks and posted them every once in a while.

It gets monautonous with all of the tourney legal decks out here :(