The Storm Ability.

O

so wait a minute...

Storm - you can copy this spell for every spell played before it during this turn.

so if i had like an Ornathopter and an equliburim in play...

i wonder if theres a way to truley break this?
with an alurn in play, and a cavern harpy...i wonder?

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Offline
so wait a minute...

Storm - you can copy this spell for every spell played before it during this turn.

so if i had like an Ornathopter and an equliburim in play...

i wonder if theres a way to truley break this?
with an alurn in play, and a cavern harpy...i wonder?
You're starting to get it - there's also some really sick combos that will allow you to obtain sick ammounts of mana as well and w/ the right card drawing engine - say Treasure Trove - you can go crazy before casting your Storm card...things are going to get pretty sick on MTGO come July...

-Ferret

"...I might have to buy lots of boosters just to make the point..."

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Type 1.

Scourge gives us another argument for keeping Dark Ritual banned in extended.

6-Swamp
5-Dark Ritual
4-Dark Ritual
3-Dark Ritual
2-Dark Ritual
1-Tendrils of Anguish (10)
0-Tendrils of Anguish (12)

First-turn KO.

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by train
If enough people run it - they'll restrict it...
...and, of course, we were the first to point this out. Both Train and myself will be here to say "we told you so" when the ruling comes out :D

-Ferret

"Your psychic friends..."

N

Nightstalkers

Its just a thing about power is all.

Give me power, shame on you.
Give me the world, Shame on you again.
Leave me the universe? Shame on me for thinking that.
—Gary's life in a bottle sale.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You gotta keep in mind that that's a "god" hand; no different from what the current "deadly" combo in Type 1 of Illusionary Mask and Dreadnaught(?) something like that.

I'd wait until getting rakso's opinion before making any judgements myself...

M

Mr_Pestilence

The best "storm" card is Brain Freeze.

Combine this with Extracts, Vision Charms (to mill your opponent), Swords to Plowshares, Orim's Chant and of course all those Type I Moxes, and you'll be milling your opponent for 20-30 cards at a time!

N

Nightstalkers

:D

This is why we like Mr. Pestilence He always likes the same cards as us.

Brainfreeze sure is a nice card darn it! give me two of 'em and watch my opponent get pissed at me for when he trys to pull off the stupid combo.

"I'll allow you to play your third illusions and donate for the second time :) I'll even allow you to try to end your turn... But, oh wait! Brainfreeze for? Hmm, 3 times 8? 24? :D My turn... Your looking a little low in the deck There, let me relieve some more from you :rolleyes:"

O

I think i'll stick to the Ornathopter/equlibrum thing. with the other usual supporting cards for blue controll/mill.
but i think it might be alright. equlibrum is an alright card, when played right. and it doesn't even have to be played against heavy creature decks. as an example with this new storm ability.

I

Istanbul

I could see running Brain Freeze in a blue control deck...play it at the end of any turn in which you countered a spell for triple its usual effect (spell, counter, Freeze). Get your opponent scared to play anything.

T

train

Ferret - our possible I told you so is in the single card strategies forum - look for mind's desire...

M

Mikeymike

I got to see Storm in action for the first time last night in MP.

My buddy was playing that green basic land fetcher (Sprouting Vines), cast it 3 times I think - don't think it went off for less than 4...yowser.

I look forward to trying
Hunting Pack
Mind's Desire (already restricted in T1 with all the Moxen)
Scattershot
Wing Shards...although smart players usually don't cast during the first main phase so this loses a little effectiveness.
Reaping the Graves (better than it looks, crazy card advantage)

Tendrils of Agony could be quite strong as well.
Brain Freeze is solid in blue Mill with FoW's and Misdirections - hold onto it until it explodes or just pitch it - well designed card.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by train
Ferret - our possible I told you so is in the single card strategies forum - look for mind's desire...
I thought it was referring to Tendrils of Agony since it followed that post... if you want "I told you so's", wait until Mirrodin which apparently has some cards made expressly for Type 1 :)

T

train

That's kind of funny if you think about it...

Cards made for type I, but type II legal...

"It's type I/II or 1/2..."

N

Nightstalkers

HOLY ELEPHANT CRAP!

Built my infinite mana combo to work around buyback and storm and guess what I got :D

Just to sum it up, my opponent still owes me 99999999999 cards off the top of his deck :p

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

As you basically said earlier.

Ornithopter + Equilibrium = 1 Unsummon effect and 1 spell played for 1.

Ornithopter + Ornithopter + Equilibrium = X unsummon effects and X spells played for X. Better but not quite there.

3 or less mana cost Gating creature + Aluren = storm goodness (unless they use starstorm or something that's an instant, and then it'd have to respond directly to the triggered ability on the gating creature entering play... can you do that?).

Storm is funn.

I

Istanbul

It's funny that Mind's Desire is far and away the winner for Broken Type 1 card on the front page.

Considering it's...y'know...banned and all.