The Snake Patron from Betrayers confuses me.

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by TheCasualOblivion, Jan 15, 2005.

1. TheCasualOblivion 10 year Veteran Newbie

The cards ability says

(tap): Untap all Forests and Green Creatures in play, use this ability only once per turn.

Does this include itself? The second part of this really makes it sound like it does include itself.
  2. EricBess Active Member

If it is a Forest or a Green Creature, than yes, it would include itself. That would make the limitation pretty important....
  3. Ferret CPA Founder, Slacker

Hmmm...I like this card! However, I'm thinking of a guy that plays Big Green decks that like lots of mana - I can see this being abused w/ other less nice decks...especially, if you put multiple ones of this in your deck...

-Ferret

"Please tell me it's a Legend..."
  4. Notepad Seffy Sefro

Only a few snakes right now that you'd want to tap multiple times. Nice for those alone, and hopefully the next two sets bring more snakes worth untapping. However, this guy really shines for untapping all your forests. With a Mana Flare effect in play...whoa boy!

This I'd say is the better of the patrons, since the snakes can pump out a fat snake legend fast with mana acceleration, and then sac it for a tribute and easily pay the difference. It will certainly be the fastest of the five to see play anytime. That, and once it is in play, it can get very hideous very fast.

Combine with elves? Mana Booster of Titania, anyone? Elvish Tree Maker, anyone? Combine with Seedborn Muse, anyone? Oh yeah, outright super fast and abusive in multiplayer games... :D

Very clunky, but very cheesey and abusive. :D No complaints, because it has a million style points for watering down elves with snakes. :D
  5. jorael Craptacular!

It's a watered down version of seedborn muse if you ask me. But seedborn is broken in multiplayer, so this one should be ok.
  6. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Seeing this sentence made me think of how two Tropical Islands, several regular forests and mana-producing creatures, a Capsize, and a Fervor could lead to an infinite combo... :p
  7. Limited Yes, but we won't care

It's a lot more expensive than the Seedborn Muse, but i does net you an additional untap..
    In a two player game, you get two additional untaps while the Muse only gets you one additional..
    That said, the Muse is broken and the Patron is great..
    2ct