The Notorious M.R.B. [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
My recent revisions to Gitrog County Municipal Lake Dredge Appraisal, Hulking the deck out, have left me thinking that it's time to focus on another Commander deck. I'm not taking GCMLDA apart yet (especially now that I've just made up an abbreviation for it), but I think I've reached a kind of inflection point with it. The goal was always to have a Dredge-based Commander deck, and Karador was the most flexible option to serve as the commander as far as I could tell. Since then, two more obvious dredge-synergizing candidates have been printed...

But my deck was already in Abzan colors and built to exploit Karador's ability, so I stuck with it. I also had some secondary goals that alluded to at some point. When I set out to build a dredge-based Commander deck, I figured that Bazaar of Baghdad had to go in. And being that it was a very old, very rare card that most players didn't own or have access to, I thought of this as an ostentatious deck. I sought to "bling" the deck in other ways, like using my Beta copy of Sol Ring and buying a promotional Marit Lage token for Dark Depths. But I also endeavored to make the commander a meaningful aspect of the deck. I didn't want to turn this into "shoot for an infinite combo and Karador is the commander because he's in the right colors." Hence the stuff like Wurmcoil Engine and Ghoultree. But bit by bit as new cards came out and I made revisions, I let the deck slide more into being a combo deck. Dredging into midrange good stuff just seemed wasteful and too slow. Boonweaver Giant was printed and gave graveyard-fueled combo decks an easier path to setting up infinite loops, better in some ways than the banned Protean Hulk and worse in other ways. But it was the same general idea of getting a sac outlet and exploiting things like Karmic Guide and Reveillark for infinite combos. It became a hit in 1v1 Commander. Karador was simply the most suitable commander for these fast combo decks, being in all the right colors and offering backup routes to victory if key cards were countered.

The way GCMLDA has evolved, it's at a kind of crossroads. I can push it to be more like the all-in combo decks associated with 1v1 Commander. It's already gotten to be pretty similar as, bit by bit, I refine my list. Similar, but not quite the same. The trouble is, if I want to make further changes to my deck, I'm either going to have to rethink the Dredge package and make this like the more competitive decks or I'm going to have to scale back and make the deck more the way it was in the past. But I have no problem with it the way it stands now! I like the deck and intend to keep it around, but this dilemma leaves it frozen as a kind of "final incarnation" that could only stand minor revisions before I'd be forced to take the deck in a new direction.

So if my focus isn't on Gitrog County Municipal Lake Dredge Appraisal, it looks like it's time for a second Commander deck. Er, thirty-first Commander deck? I buy all of the official Commander precons that come out every year. Do those count? Regardless, I want to build something of my own. Something different.

One temptation has long been Oloro, Ageless Ascetic from one of the Commander 2013 precons. I'd like an oppressive control deck in those colors, one that prevents opponents from doing what they'd like to do, takes their stuff, and uses it against them. But Oloro is so infamous as a commander. This is a format that's about style and expression. Using Oloro as a commander is sending a message to the table, "I have a broken deck and I'm using all the best cards." Not what I'm going for, really.

No, I want my opponents to know that I'm here to steal their stuff, kill their stuff, dig their stuff out of the graveyard and take it for myself, and generally do all the most obnoxious Esper things. It's still early. I don't have a decklist yet. But I think I've settled on a Commander...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Looking at some potential inclusions...

Arcane Lighthouse
Force of Will
Arcane Denial
Treachery
Control Magic
Threads of Disloyalty
Bribery
Mana Drain
Rhystic Study
Mystic Remora
Demonic Tutor
Diabolic Intent
Brago, King Eternal
Swan Song
Animate Dead
It That Betrays
Sidisi, Undead Vizier
Mindslaver
Meddling Mage
Mind Twist
Zur's Weirding
Nevinyrral's Disk
Clever Impersonator
Spinal Embrace
Notion Thief
Vindicate
Cryptic Command
Coffin Queen
Drain Power
Hostage Taker
Necromancy
Memory Plunder
False Demise

P

Psarketos

Merieke is one of only two Commanders I have ever used to build a deck. Hers contained a lot of combo components focused on mill combinations: Archive Trap + Twincast + Ravenous Trap, Enduring Renewal + Ornithopter + Memnite + Grinding Station + Heartless Summoning + Myr Retriever + Krark-Clan Ironworks + Junk Diver + Bitter Ordeal. Light of Day effectively won the game by taking one of my two opponents out of the match once they had already begun to team up due to my board position, and that player could hardly believe that Wizards would print such a dastardly hate card, let alone that someone would play it. Of all your suggested cards, the one that I would most definitely play is It That Betrays.

T

Terentius

But bit by bit as new cards came out and I made revisions, I let the deck slide more into being a combo deck. Dredging into midrange good stuff just seemed wasteful and too slow. Boonweaver Giant was printed and gave graveyard-fueled combo decks an easier path to setting up infinite loops, better in some ways than the banned Protean Hulk and worse in other ways. But it was the same general idea of getting a sac outlet and exploiting things like Karmic Guide and Reveillark for infinite combos. It became a hit in 1v1 Commander. Karador was simply the most suitable commander for these fast combo decks, being in all the right colors and offering backup routes to victory if key cards were countered.

The way GCMLDA has evolved, it's at a kind of crossroads. I can push it to be more like the all-in combo decks associated with 1v1 Commander. It's already gotten to be pretty similar as, bit by bit, I refine my list. Similar, but not quite the same. The trouble is, if I want to make further changes to my deck, I'm either going to have to rethink the Dredge package and make this like the more competitive decks or I'm going to have to scale back and make the deck more the way it was in the past. But I have no problem with it the way it stands now! I like the deck and intend to keep it around, but this dilemma leaves it frozen as a kind of "final incarnation" that could only stand minor revisions before I'd be forced to take the deck in a new direction.
Do all-in combo decks not fare well in multiplayer Commander? I haven't gotten to try out the two I have (Ghave/Sedris). Maybe it depends on the ingredients of the combo?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Do all-in combo decks not fare well in multiplayer Commander?
I think that in terms of technical viability, all-in combo is not worse for Commander than it is for any other multiplayer format. Multiplayer is inherently more difficult because more players means more hands that might have cards to disrupt your combo, and once you're outed as attempting to combo out, then the whole table will gang up on you, and rightfully so. Unless, that is, Spiderman is involved. In that case, after one player attempts an infinite combo and another player counters one of the cards, saving him from certain doom, he will proceed to attack the player that stopped the infinite combo from happening. :p

R.I.P. My Library, Spiderman's Library, and DarthFerret's Library: February 12th, 2007–March 22nd, 2007. Gone but never, ever forgotten! :p:p:p

Anyway, I should have been more clear. Karador decks aiming to generate infinite combos with sacrifice loops are one of the more well-known archetypes in the French competitive "Duel Commander" format. Or to be more precise, it was a popular archetype there from 2015 to 2016 but has fallen out of favor because newer combo decks with the four-color commanders or the "partner" commanders are more flexible. That is a format in its own right, which has different rules from the relatively new official MTGO 1v1 Commander format and also different rules from more popular casual multiplayer Commander, which is curated by the Commander Rules Committee. They're all "Commander" formats, but with some important distinctions.

My deck was built with the popular casual multiplayer Commander format in mind, as that's the format I see people playing at local gamestores and stuff. I didn't have 1v1 in mind. I didn't model my deck after a deck meant for dueling. In fact, when I first built this as "Helcomb County Municipal Lake Dredge Appraisal" in 2014, the competitive Karador decks in the French format weren't yet a thing. Protean Hulk was banned in that format and this sort of combo deck didn't take off until well after the advent of Boonweaver Giant, which enabled Academy Rector into Pattern of Rebirth to do an impression of Protean Hulk in setting up infinite combos. But that wasn't my goal. From the outset, my interest was in making a dredge-based Commander deck with Bazaar of Baghdad. If you look at my original decklist from 2014, there were some infinite combos possible from the beginning, but they weren't the entire basis for the deck. People asked if I was just using a dedicated infinite combo deck, but I was able to show them that I was not. I often relied on things like Marit Lage, Bridge from Below, Ashen Ghoul, etc. It was very unfocused except for the graveyard theme and the use of Dredge to fuel that, making it explosive. But, if left to its own devices for long enough and if opponents built up defenses that the attackers couldn't punch through, it could go infinite.

Over time, as the deck adapted to deal with both graveyard hate and with opponents doing powerful and broken things of their own, the deck streamlined more toward "just kill them all right away with a combo." The Boonweaver-based Karador decks from the French Duel Commander format weren't even on my radar, but over time, my deck started to look more and more like those decks through a kind of convergent evolution. The last straw was when Protean Hulk was unbanned by the Rules Committee for the casual multiplayer Commander and I couldn't help but bring in such a powerful tool. Now I look back at Karador decklists from Duel Commander tournaments in 2016 and I'm seeing that my deck resembles them a lot.

This is a familiar experience for me! Way back in 1999 I started experimenting with Necropotence + Zur's Weirding + Ivory Tower in casual games to lock opponents out of ever drawing anything that could stop me. I loved that interaction and I've had a soft spot for prison decks ever since, even though it's not what I usually play these days. When I was in high school, my favorite deck used those cards, but also had Illusions of Grandeur + Donate so that I could go into multiplayer games and pick off a couple of opponents with Donate before locking the game down. I don't remember what all of the cards in the deck were and it evolved over time, but I remember often using Avatar of Woe. But I started using my other decks more for multiplayer games and began streamlining my Necro deck for one-on-one. Because the Donate + Illusions combo was so strong, I bumped up my usage to include four copies of each, and I began using more countermagic and discard spells to protect that combo, which led to cutting the old Zur's Weirding stuff. And so at some point, while browsing the Star City Games website, I learned that a defunct Extended deck called "Dance, Dance, Donate Illusions" was virtually identical to my casual "Here, Hold This" deck. A couple of slots were different, but the decks were very, very close to each other and I actually adjusted my list because some of their cards made more sense to me than the ones I'd been using.

I have mixed feelings on this issue. Part of me is saying, "You turned your casual deck into a deck that's just like decks people used in tournaments and that's dumb." Another part of me is fascinated by the convergent evolution. I didn't just netdeck a Boonweaver combo list from a Duel Commander Top 8. I started my deck before those ones existed and the transformation into something resembling what those tournament players made occurred through years of testing and adjustment. And to be fair, my deck is still unique because of the focused Dredge package. But that's why I'm at a crossroads. I have pushed the infinite combo options so far that in order to go any further I'd have to cut the Dredge package and move more toward directly employing tutors, mana ramp, and utility spells for an all-in combo deck truly resembling the French tournament lists. And in order to start getting more out of the Dredge package than I already am, I'd have to scale back on this being a deck that aims to go for stuff like "Academy Rector, sac it to Carrion Feeder, put Pattern of Rebirth on Birds of Paradise, sac it to Carrion Feeder, put Pattern of Rebirth on Boonweaver Giant, sac it to Carrion Feeder, have Karmic Guide bring back Boonweaver Giant and Pattern of Rebirth..."

But right now, Gitrog County Municipal Lake Dredge Appraisal isn't going anywhere. I just want to build this new deck. In the future, I might either scrap GCMLDA entirely or, if possible find a way to emphasize Dredge more, perhaps with The Gitrog Monster as Commander of the deck.

I haven't gotten to try out the two I have (Ghave/Sedris). Maybe it depends on the ingredients of the combo?
You should! I find that testing can reveal things one didn't expect.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unless, that is, Spiderman is involved. In that case, after one player attempts an infinite combo and another player counters one of the cards, saving him from certain doom, he will proceed to attack the player that stopped the infinite combo from happening.
Oops. :rolleyes:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I haven't forgotten about this, but I still don't have a decklist ready. Here's what I'm looking at for now. Need to trim it down and refine it...

1x Abyssal Gatekeeper
1x Academy Rector
1x Academy Ruins
1x Acquire
1x All Is Dust
1x Anguished Unmaking
1x Animate Dead
1x Arcane Denial
1x Arcane Laboratory
1x Arcane Lighthouse
1x Arcane Sanctum
1x Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
1x Attunement
1x Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
1x Bad River
1x Baleful Strix
1x Beacon of Unrest
1x Bojuka Bog
1x Brago, King Eternal
1x Brainstorm
1x Breath of Life
1x Bribery
1x Cabal Therapy
1x Capsize
1x Catalog
1x Chromatic Lantern
1x Chromeshell Crab
1x Clever Impersonator
1x Coalition Relic
1x Coffin Queen
1x Command Tower
1x Commandeer
1x Commander's Sphere
1x Confiscate
1x Control Magic
1x Council's Judgment
1x Counterspell
1x Cryptic Command
1x Cyclonic Rift
1x Damnation
1x Daring Apprentice
1x Daxos of Meletis
1x Deadeye Navigator
1x Decree of Pain
1x Decree of Silence
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Desertion
1x Detention Sphere
1x Diabolic Intent
1x Dimir Doppelganger
1x Disenchant
1x Dragonlord Silumgar
1x Drain Power
1x Dromar's Charm
1x Drowned Catacomb
1x Duress
1x Eiganjo Castle
1x Elixir of Immortality
1x Ertai, the Corrupted
1x Ertai, Wizard Adept
1x Esper Panorama
1x False Demise
1x Fatestitcher
1x Fetid Pools
1x Flood Plain
1x Flooded Strand
1x Forbid
1x Force of Will
1x Forcefield
1x Frantic Search
1x Gift of Immortality
1x Gilded Drake
1x Gitaxian Probe
1x Glacial Fortress
1x Glen Elendra Archmage
1x Godless Shrine
1x Grim Tutor
1x Hallowed Fountain
1x Hanna, Ship's Navigator
1x Havengul Lich
1x Homeward Path
1x Hostage Taker
1x Indulgent Tormentor
1x Insidious Will
1x Irrigated Farmland
1x Island
1x Isolated Chapel
1x It That Betrays
1x Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1x Kaya, Ghost Assassin
1x Lantern of Insight
1x Lim-Dul's Vault
1x Mana Drain
1x Marsh Flats
1x Maze of Ith
1x Meddling Mage
1x Memory Plunder
1x Merciless Eviction
1x Merieke Ri Berit *CMDR*
1x Minamo, School at Water's Edge
1x Mind Stone
1x Mind Twist
1x Mindslaver
1x Mirrorpool
1x Misdirection
1x Momentary Blink
1x Mother of Runes
1x Mystic Remora
1x Mystical Tutor
1x Necromancy
1x Nevinyrral's Disk
1x Notion Thief
1x Oblivion Ring
1x Omniscience
1x Path to Exile
1x Pemmin's Aura
1x Phantasmal Image
1x Phyrexian Metamorph
1x Phyrexian Tower
1x Plains
1x Polluted Delta
1x Ponder
1x Powder Keg
1x Preordain
1x Puppeteer Clique
1x Reanimate
1x Reliquary Tower
1x Replenish
1x Restoration Angel
1x Rewind
1x Rhystic Study
1x Rule of Law
1x Scrubland
1x Sensei's Divining Top
1x Serum Visions
1x Shadowmage Infiltrator
1x Sidisi, Undead Vizier
1x Silent Arbiter
1x Sleeper Agent
1x Snapcaster Mage
1x Sol Ring
1x Solemnity
1x Sorin Markov
1x Spellskite
1x Spinal Embrace
1x Strip Mine
1x Sun Titan
1x Supreme Verdict
1x Swamp
1x Swan Song
1x Swords to Plowshares
1x Teferi's Protection
1x Telemin Performance
1x Terminus
1x The Scarab God
1x Thoughtseize
1x Threads of Disloyalty
1x Torrential Gearhulk
1x Toxic Deluge
1x Tragic Arrogance
1x Treachery
1x Tundra
1x Twincast
1x Unbender Tine
1x Underground Sea
1x Undermine
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Vindicate
1x Vizier of Tumbling Sands
1x Wasteland
1x Watery Grave
1x Word of Command
1x Wrath of God
1x Zur the Enchanter
1x Zur's Weirding

Any thoughts?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
At long last, after everyone had forgotten about this thread, I present an actual decklist...

The Notorious M.R.B. Version 1.0
1x Acquire
1x Animate Dead
1x Arcane Denial
1x Arcane Lighthouse
1x Arcane Sanctum
1x Beacon of Unrest
1x Brainstorm
1x Bribery
1x Coffin Queen
1x Command Tower
1x Commander's Sphere
1x Confiscate
1x Control Magic
1x Council's Judgment
1x Counterspell
1x Damnation
1x Dance of the Dead
1x Daxos of Meletis
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Desertion
1x Detention Sphere
1x Dromar's Charm
1x Drowned Catacomb
1x Eiganjo Castle
1x Elixir of Immortality
1x Esper Panorama
1x False Demise
1x Flooded Strand
1x Force of Will
1x Gilded Drake
1x Glacial Fortress
1x Godless Shrine
1x Grim Tutor
1x Hallowed Fountain
1x Hanna, Ship's Navigator
1x Hostage Taker
1x Insidious Will
1x Irrigated Farmland
4x Island
1x Isolated Chapel
1x Lim-Dul's Vault
1x Mana Drain
1x Marsh Flats
1x Maze of Ith
1x Memory Plunder
1x Merciless Eviction
1x Merieke Ri Berit
1x Minamo, School at Water's Edge
1x Misdirection
1x Mystical Tutor
1x Necromancy
1x Notion Thief
1x Oblivion Ring
1x Path to Exile
1x Pemmin's Aura
1x Phantasmal Image
3x Plains
1x Polluted Delta
1x Ponder
1x Puppeteer Clique
1x Reanimate
1x Rhystic Study
1x Scrubland
1x Sen Triplets
1x Shadowmage Infiltrator
1x Silent Arbiter
1x Snapcaster Mage
2x Snow-Covered Island
1x Snow-Covered Plains
1x Snow-Covered Swamp
1x Sol Ring
1x Spinal Embrace
1x Strip Mine
1x Supreme Verdict
3x Swamp
1x Swan Song
1x Swords to Plowshares
1x Teferi's Protection
1x Terminus
1x The Scarab God
1x Threads of Disloyalty
1x Toxic Deluge
1x Tragic Arrogance
1x Treachery
1x Tundra
1x Underground Sea
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Wasteland
1x Watery Grave
1x Wrath of God
1x Zur the Enchanter

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
And it's ready for action! Also, something that amuses me...

I wanted to have this deck ready to go so that I could have something a little less intense than GCMLDA for my next EDH meetup. I'd had a long list of potential inclusions on TappedOut for years, but I needed to figure out which direction to go. Some tough decisions to be made, because not all of the themes I wanted to explore were going to fit into the same deck. A couple of weeks ago I got it down to a 100-card list, which I then posted here. I began the process of hunting through my cards for the ones I'd put in this list. The bulk of my collection is sorted, but it's been a few years since I did a full sort and some things are rather chaotic at the moment, so it took some time. But by Thursday night, I'd satisfied myself that I'd find all of the cards from this list that I was going to find. I was short a mere six cards

Bribery
Coffin Queen
Detention Sphere
Pemmin's Aura
Phantasmal Image
Sen Triplets

So I bought those, picked them up on Saturday and then brought them home, sleeved them up, counted everything, and put it all in a deckbox. I had a new EDH deck! Shuffled it, tested opening hands and experimented a bit (not much help, as the deck is so controlling that goldfishing isn't that informative). Ate dinner, then broke the deck out again and tried a couple of speculative goldfish games. After about three of these, I noticed something: my commander wasn't an English language card! This Merieke is French!

Turns out I own a few copies of Merieke Ri Berit, but the one I'd grabbed was a French copy mistakenly sorted in with my English Ice Age cards. And I just now noticed. I could correct the error, but I elect not to. French M.R.B. it is. Vive le contrôle!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Got some early results from this thing today and I'm a bit torn. Zur is really strong and I kept drawing into him every game, but he makes me a target because people think I'm going for a combo kill (this deck has none).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was pretty tired when I made my previous post. It does not properly capture my first impressions...

Mainly, it's too early to tell and I'll just have to get more games in. I was excited to try out this concept and will definitely return to it and refine it. The games I lost were both lost in the same way to the same guy piloting the same deck. I saw a threat I decided had to be dealt with, then the turn was passed to the player with Maelstrom Wanderer as commander and I didn't have enough mana to stop him from going infinite with Palinchron and wiping out all other players in one fell swoop. In both games it was 100% clear and obvious that I would have had the resources to prevent the combo if I hadn't also been trying to hold back another player from doing something dangerous. Still, I think that this deck is disadvantaged against decks like that. I am not going all-in on countermagic, so I have to conserve my counters for the real threats. I'm pretty good about knowing which threats to pick, but if multiple opponents are running lots of land-based ramp spells they can start to pull ahead. Cascade scales well against countermagic. In all of these games, having access to less mana than my opponents was a big factor keeping me constrained.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played this one again yesterday and I've got to say that I'm sick of seeing Palinchron loops win every damn game I play. Fine, I exaggerate, Palinchron was only the culprit once this time. In another game it was Rings of Brighthearth + Basalt Monolith for infinite mana with Mycosynth Lattice and Memnarch to steal everyone's stuff. The "league" we're doing this with is going to try to take steps to address this. Because if people want to go all-in on the fastest combo kills, I can and will outrace them, but I was explicitly told that's not supposed to be what these games are about. So hopefully that'll get better. Our point system did/does penalize killing people before they've had six turns, but it also rewards killing opponents and winning the game, so players are incentivized to play decks that spend the first few turns setting up for a combo kill and getting ready to protect it, then going for it around turns 6 to 8. A control deck like mine can probably stop one of those combo players, but if there are two of them in the same game, I'm doomed. And even if it's just one guy, it can easily work out that the second or third attempt at a combo win pushes through my disruption, especially if the rest of the table doesn't immediately kill the combo player.

There's not going to be a perfect answer here because there's a wonky distribution of players anyway. We've got a few players who are new, inexperienced, or who have very limited collections to work with. We've got a bunch of players bringing gimmick decks (like mine) or building decks deliberately to milk the rotating points system for the week (which honestly seems like it takes more dedication than I could muster, although I might have been the only person yesterday to earn the "Bow to my command" achievement for taking control of everyone else's commander in the same game: Confiscate works on planeswalker commanders). And then we've got another segment playing decks that are either borderline cEDH decks or possibly even fully-fledged tier 2 cEDH. I haven't seen anyone "dialing it up to 11" with Doomsday Zur or Food Chain Tazri, but we do have some players turning it up to 8 or so.

Anyway, this kind of environment hasn't been best for testing out my deck, but I do see some deficiencies. I'm not great at dealing with enchantments. Planeswalkers haven't been a problem yet, but my lack of attackers to take them down would make Superfriends decks dangerous. Most of my success with this deck has been from randomly drawing into Zur on the third or fourth turn of the game (it seems to happen a lot) and then using it to put Pemmin's Aura on MRB. I mean, it's an interaction I planned for when building the deck, but I'd just thought of it as one possibility among many. Instead it keeps happening.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Good news, Merieke fans (that's everyone, right?). I'll be reviving this deck and bringing it back to the West Coast Commander League again for the first Sunday of June. After that, well, we'll see...

For June, we're keeping the same points in the upper section of our point sheet as we used in May. That's...

Participate in a game: +1
Be the last one standing when the game ends: +2
Be the first player to cause an opponent to lose life: +1
Kill shot: +1
Be eliminated first: +1
Directly save an opponent from elimination: +1
Eliminate the player with the bounty for the week (um, that'd be me): +1
Cool point awarded by opponent at end of game: +1

And then in the middle there's some penalties for doing stuff. Some of the penalties seem silly to me, but they're there. These have not changed.

The final version hasn't been released, but a rough draft had this for the lower section for June 2nd...

Regain control of a permanent you own that an opponent took control of: +1
Sacrifice a permanent you don't own: +1
Eliminate an opponent with a source you don't own: +2
Control at least one permanent that each of your opponents own: +3
Control two cards with the same name (tokens don't count): +2

So I'll be making some modifications to this deck and I'll bring it for the first event of June.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Changelog:
-1 Acquire
-1 Animate Dead
-1 Coffin Queen
-1 Council's Judgment
-1 Dance of the Dead
-1 Detention Sphere
-1 Desertion
-1 Hanna, Ship's Navigator
-1 Insidious Will
-1 Irrigated Farmland
-1 Isolated Chapel
-1 Notion Thief
-1 Path to Exile
-1 Puppeteer Clique
-1 Plains
-1 Reanimate
-1 Shadowmage Infiltrator
-1 Silent Arbiter
-1 Spinal Embrace
-1 Swan Song
-1 The Scarab God
+1 Aethersnatch
+1 Ashnod's Altar
+1 Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
+1 Barrin, Master Wizard
+1 Blatant Thievery
+1 Claws of Gix
+1 Clever Impersonator
+1 Copy Enchantment
+1 Cyclonic Rift
+1 Despark
+1 Diabolic Intent
+1 Dovin's Veto
+1 Estrid's Invocation
+1 Gigantoplasm
+1 Homeward Path
+1 Island
+1 Narset's Reversal
+1 Phyrexian Metamorph
+1 Phyrexian Tower
+1 Spark Double
+1 Steal Enchantment

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Success. For the third week in a row, I collected the most points in the West Coast Commander League. Didn't actually win any games this time around, but I was manascrewed in game 1 and then my opponents worked together to an implausible degree in game 2 (if I'd done something to paint a target on my head or even if they'd just focused me for the bounty point, that'd be one thing, but they were actively collaborating to the point of sacrificing their own chances to win the game just to help each other keep me from doing anything). Despite some obstacles, I still earned a ton of points from stealing, copying, and sacrificing other people's toys.

So I guess I'm the bounty again? And the weekly rotating point option I'm choosing is a big one...

"I'm Why We Can't Have Nice Things (5 points): Win the game while controlling no permanents you own."

Not sure how I'll go for it, but I mean to go for it!