The Ninjas...

D

DÛke

I had this idea not too long ago about making Ninja cards. It seems to be appealing. Ninjas are complex creatures, with very good evasive and defensive abilities. Also the amount of tricks they can do is just too good to pass up. I have a couple of cards here. Feel free to critique anything, and if you have a Ninja idea, just add it. Eventually I'll be assembling the best cards I've seen made in the CPA, and I'll have basically every card I think is original, powerful, and somehow balanced.

As always, you should only expect original (or darn close) cards from me, so these Ninjas are not going to be boring at all! In fact, I made a lot of weird things throughout. Enjoy.

---

Ninja’s Oath (W) (Common)
Enchantment
1: Untap target creature you control.
Until the end of your next turn, that creature can’t attack or use any abilities requiring activation costs.
Once you swear the oath, you are to defend and defend only.

Symbol of the Ninja (2W) (Common)
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains +1/+1, becomes White, and counts as a Ninja.
0: Return Symbol of Ninja back to owner’s hand.

Ninja Tactics (2WWW) (Uncommon)
Instant
As an additional cost to play Ninja Tactics, remove a creature you control from the game.
Put 3 Illusion tokens into play. Treat each as a copy of the removed creature.
At the end of your next turn, remove these tokens from the game, and if the creature removed by Ninja Tactics is a Ninja, return it to play under owner’s control.
“One of the most important Ninja defenses is the escape tactics. With the right mindset, you are not only impervious to any attack, but ever more manipulative…” – Ninja Guru

Spyra, Spiritual Ninja (3WW) (Rare)
Creature – Ninja Spirit Legend
W: Until end of the turn, Spyra can only be blocked by flying creatures.
WW: Remove Spyra from the game, and put an Illusion token into play. Treat the token as a copy of Spyra, except that it doesn’t have this ability. At the end of the turn, sacrifice the Illusion token and return Spyra to play under owner’s control.
2/4

Final Ascendance (1WW) (Rare)
Legendary Sorcery
(When you play a Legendary Sorcery or Instant, search your hand, graveyard, and library for all copies of that card and remove them from the game, then shuffle your library.)
Remove all non-Ninja creatures from the game.
The beginning of the end...

Tyro Ninja (1U) (Common)
Creature – Ninja Wizard
Spells you don’t control targeting Tyro Ninja costs 1 more to play.
Tyro Ninja is unblockable unless the defending player pays 1 for each creature blocking it.
1/2

Zen, Trance Ninja (U) (Common)
Creature – Ninja Wizard Legend
As long as Zen is untapped, he can’t be the target of spells or abilities and gains +0/+2.
1/1
"Zen is a quite Ninja. It is amazing how deep he can reach into the realms of the unknown." - Zen's personal tutor

Ninja Diversion (4UU) (Uncommon)
Instant
Ninja Diversion can’t be countered.
Counter target spell.
Until end of the turn, that spells caster can’t play any spells or use any activated artifact, creature, land, and enchantment abilities.
The site of a Ninja in combat alone is enough to distract the most focused...

Entrancement (3U)(Uncommon)
Instant
Tap any number of untapped creatures. For each creature tapped this way, draw a card. For each Ninja creature tapped this way, you may draw 2 cards instead.

Final Words (1UU) (Rare)
Legendary Instant
(When you play a Legendary Sorcery or Instant, search your hand, graveyard, and library for all copies of that card and remove them from the game, then shuffle your library.))
Set aside the top 7 cards of your library. You may play those cards as though they are in your hand. Cards played this way are removed from the game. At the end of your next turn, remove from the game all cards set aside by Final Words.

Illuna, Quicksilver Ninja (3UU) (Rare)
Creature – Ninja Illusion Legend
U: Illuna is unblockable until end of the turn.
UU: Return Illuna back to owner’s hand.
If Illuna was returned from play into your hand during your opponents turn or this turn, it costs 3 less to play.
3/2
“Miss me?” - Illuna

Harr, Phoenix-Spirit Ninja (3RR) (Rare)
Creature – Ninja Human Legend
Haste, First Strike.
RR: Return Harr to play. Use this ability only if Harr was put into the graveyard from play this turn.
5/1
“I thought it was just the flaming winds of our lands. It was Harr passing by…” –Ancient folktale of Harr

Legendary Tactic (1RR) (Rare)
Legendary Sorcery
(When you play a Legendary Sorcery or Instant, search your hand, graveyard, and library for all copies of that card and remove them from the game, then shuffle your library.)
Before you play Legendary Tactic, reveal it to all players. Once its revealed, no abilities or spells other than Legendary Tactic must be played until end of the turn.
As an additional cost to play Legendary Tactic, return a creature you control back to owner’s hand. Legendary Tactic deals an amount of damage equal to that creature’s power to target creature or player. If the creature returned this way is a Ninja, Legendary Tactic deals that amount of damage to up to 2 targets instead.
Harr, and Harr alone knows how to weild this ancient legendary move...

Shadow Ninja (1B) (Common)
Creature – Ninja
If Shadow Ninja is the only creature you control, it gains “Shadow Ninja can’t be blocked except by artifact and Black creatures.”
2/1

Daemon, Scrounging Ninja (1B) (Common)
Creature – Ninja Wizard Legend
When Daemon is destroyed, it regenerates unless a player pays 1.
When Daemon attacks, the defending player loses 1 life unless he or she pays 1.
1/1
"Daemon grows on your soul if left unchecked. He's a fast advancing student." - Ninjamaster

Ninja Blood (B) (Common)
Instant
As an additional cost to play Ninja Blood, tap an untapped creature you control and it gains -1/-1 until end of the turn.
Add BBB to your mana pool.
If the creature tapped this way is a Ninja, you may add BBBB to your mana pool instead.

Ninja Assassin (3B) (Rare)
Creature – Ninja Assassin
Return Ninja Assassin back to owner’s hand: Destroy target non-Black, non artifact creature. If you pay an additional 1B, you may play this ability as an Instant. Otherwise, play it as a sorcery.
2/1

Blade of the Ninjamaster (2) (Rare)
Legendary Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains +1/+1 and First Strike.
If enchanted creature is a Ninja, it gains an additional +1/+0.
1: Untap enchanted creature.
1: Return Blade of the Ninjamaster back to owner's hand.
“The Blade is said to have the power to turn even the weakest of blood into a disciplined, powerful weapon.” - Ninjamaster

---

There ya go. I hope most of the cards were balanced. As you can tell, I made all of the Ninjas very hard to block and/or target to show their evasive nature. Notice the common Legends. I think that Legends do not always have to be rare, and some of them, in fact, shouldn't have been. Rayne? Hakim?

Let me know of what you think...and feel free to share any Ninja cards here...

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ninja’s Oath
This seems pretty useless to me, but its balanced.

Symbol of the Ninja
1W.

Ninja Tactics
This reminds me of Waylay. Its scary to make it an instant, but I think the cost does warrant it.

Spyra, Spiritual Ninja
Looks pretty good, but change it so it specificlly says to sacrifice the Spyra token.

Final Ascendance
Uh, ok. Looks alright.

Tyro Ninja
1U.

Zen, Trance Ninja
This is comparable to that turtle from Alpha that did the same thing, only this costs 1 less and cant be the target of spells or abilties. Im not sure if being a legend compensates for that.

Ninja Diversion
4UU. This is heaven for counter decks and counter wars.

Entrancement
This is even too powerful being an instant. Being an enchantment, AND being able to target your oppenents creatures, merits a much bigger disadvantage. I wanna say 3UU, but I really cant tell what would balance this.

Final Words
Looks ok.

Illuna, Quicksilver Ninja
3/2 or 5U.

Harr, Phoenix-Spirit Ninja
Seems pretty good, but I wouldnt say overpowerd.

Legendary Tactic
Looks ok, very interesting.

Shadow Ninja
A finely balanced card.

Daemon, Scrounging Ninja
Balanced. The "this regenerates ability...." always interested me.

Ninja Blood
Ok.

Ninja Assassin
Needs some rewording, "If you pay an additional 1B, you may play this ability as an isntant. Otherwise, play it as a sorcery"

Blade of the Ninjamaster
2 mana! At least! Ouch!

D

DÛke

Changes were made accordingly, FoR.

See the new version of Entrancement. I think it's very-well balanced. Only when you tap more than 2 creatures can you generate a better card-advantage than Inspiration. Of course, tapping Ninjas has its rewards.

Here's yet another Ninja card:

Ninjamaster (BUWGR)
Creature - Ninja Legend
As Ninjamaster comes into play, put 1 Black, 1 Blue, 1 White, 1 Green, and 1 Red tokens into play. Treat each token as a 0/1 creature with a color corresponding to its name.
As long as you control a Black token, when Ninjamaster is destroyed, it regenerates.
As long as you control a Blue token, Ninjamaster is unblockable.
As long as you control a White token, Ninjamaster gains +0/+2.
As long as you control a Green token, Ninjamaster gains +1/+1.
As long as you control a Red token, Ninjamaster gains +2/+0.
3/3

M

MrXarvox

Comment on Ninja's Oath:

Generally a ninja would be an assassin, not a defender... Now granted that these are only based on the premise that ninjas are extremely skilled fighters, but keep in mind that in truth they were mercenaries who killed, for money, without mercy. Not a very "white" concept... Their only code was to never be caught alive lest they dishonor their master. Given these facts, here is my "ninja" card:

Guild of the Dark 4BB
Enchantment
BB,Tap a ninja you control: destroy target creature. it can't be regenerated.
BB,Tap a ninja you control: Put a training counter on any black creature.
A creature with at least 1 training counter on it cannot be the target of spells or abilities.
A creature with at least 2 training counters on it counts as a ninja.
A creature with 3 training counters on it is colorless and has "Sacrifice <this>: gain 1 life".

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by MrXarvox
A creature with 3 training counters on it is colorless (as well as its original color)...
Huh? How is that possible?

M

MrXarvox

heh. that didn't make any sense. then there was the flaw in it that prevented any creature from getting more than one training counter. fixed it up good...