The Next Next Build a deck together deck poll

Which two color deck is the "hardest" to build?

• Black/White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue/Green

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Blue/Red

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Black/Green

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
These are the only ones that received any votes last time.
Chose which you feel is the toughest to build a with.
Remember, this will bea Highlander style deck and there is a limit of one card per day per person.

Please leave the land till the end, even the non-basic land should be last.

The poll is set to close on March 24th at 9 am

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I voted for Red/Blue, but I want to try to make a deck that ISN'T just Counter/Burn.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I guess I'm part of the "anything with blue is easiest" crowd. But my minions don't seem to have arrived to back me up just yet...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oversoul said:
I guess I'm part of the "anything with blue is easiest" crowd. But my minions don't seem to have arrived to back me up just yet...
KJ, calling KJ.... minions needed..... :D

Killer Joe

I LOVE this color combination!

Green is for cheap-efficient creatures and Blue is for control via countermagic.
My *infamous* Erratic-Spikes deck (circa 1998) was my first successful Blue/Green deck. :D

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Killer Joe said:
I LOVE this color combination!

Green is for cheap-efficient creatures and Blue is for control via countermagic.
My *infamous* Erratic-Spikes deck (circa 1998) was my first successful Blue/Green deck. :D
Was it Highlander style......

BTW - I am starting to like this style of deck building...........

B

BigBlue

I never would have thought a highlander type deck would work as well... now, I haven't built any of these before... (well once a long time ago I had a GW Eye of Singularity deck)....

But, I'm starting to like the variety offered, though I think I'd get mad if I thought I needed that "1" spell.... And if you add in the EoS... or the Bazaar of Wonders.... it pokes your opponent badly...

Oh, and I stuck with UR... yeah I suppose some folks made counter phoenix or counter burn, but I've never been able to come up with a deck... maybe it's the cards I own... but that deck has eluded me forever...

My friend has a killer BW land destruction deck w/ sinkholes vindicate etc and tops it off with Nether Void to just stop everyone else... in MP it's not as strong, but still usually works... esp in 2H Giant where he takes care of one Opp, while his partner works the other...

D

DarthFerret

I still think that g/u would be difficult, especially in Highlander format....so that is my vote...(also, if it ends up flowing together well, would be a really neat deck!)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Voted R/U, just like in the last poll... I think with all of the people here, it wouldn't turn out Counter-Burn or Counter-Phoenix (although you never know)... but it'd be interesting.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
Or just narrow the poll down to those two and hope there's not another tie... :)
Another poll? This one is taking long enough.
Can people change their votes?
If so, then all you Blue haters have a chance to be the tie breakers..... :D
BTW - TomB, not all the choices where U/X..... B/W was and still is a non-blue choice...... (a losing one, but still) ;)

B

BigBlue

Since I think both are equally difficult and don't care which one we try... I'll withdraw my vote for U/R and we can do U/G first.... as long as we do U/R after...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
BigBlue said:
Since I think both are equally difficult and don't care which one we try... I'll withdraw my vote for U/R and we can do U/G first.... as long as we do U/R after...
Okay...I changed it. U/G is winning now...:)

And Mooseman? I knew B/W was there...I just wanted an excuse to include MY choice...;)

B

BigBlue

Well, I guess someone has to start this thing....

A card I've always liked and wanted to find a use for... Pygmy Hippo (I own 4 of them... but just haven't been able to field what I like as a G/U deck...)

(Green)

(Blue)

(Gold)
Pygmy Hippo - BigBlue 3/24

(Artifact)

(Land)