The most unused Magic card?

D

DarthFerret

Ok, a different thread got me thinkin about this, and I wanted to get y'alls opinion. I am actually gonna divide this up into each set.

So, what is the most unused card in Alpha/Beta/Unlimited?

L

Limited

Do you mean 'underrated' or really just bottom-of-the-barrell why-did-they-even-print-this what-a-wasteof-cardboard kinda card?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, I've used Sunglasses so it can't be the least used.

I'll check the card lists, but Burrowing sounds like a good candidate :)

L

Limited

What did you use the Sunglasses for (other than playing in the sun)?

I think the other Laces and the Wards also come close to being the worst, but Burrowing kinda stands out.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
EH...... me and my friends (while being scrubs) would always have one of each ward on our decks with white. They saw some play amongst the non-tourney players.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

I actually used all the wards except for white on my Bodyguard! It was great! (until someone else used a white ward on him...arghh...)..

I had thought about nominating Dwarven Pony myself, but did not want to incur Ransac's wrath :rolleyes:

I am actually looking for the one card you would NEVER put into any deck whatsoever...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've played with the ante cards, back when I first started and played for ante. Fun times...

Along with Jeweled Bird... :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've used Glasses, Guardian Angel, and Helm at various times too... back when the card pool was so limited :) I think I might have tried Cyclopean Tomb in my Karma deck.

Hate to say despite being a proponent for Dwarves, never really used the Demolition Team. :rolleyes: :)

D

DarthFerret

heh....And out of the unlimited set, I think, honestly, I probably never used a pearled unicorn. Not sure why not, but a 2/2 for 3 did not seem advantageous...

Killer Joe

Wow, by SET!? I can't really input into this until you get to at least Mirage. :(

But I have used Pearl Unicorn; it's in my "commons" draft box. :)

D

DarthFerret

Maybe I should turn this into a set by set analysis (like our CCHOF). What do you guys think, should we do a thread to debate the worst cards of each set, and if so what do we call it?