The Messiah

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
"THUS SAITH THE LORD, THE LORD OF HOSTS!!!!! YET ONCE A LITTLE WHILE..."

Oh... I thought we were going to sing Handel.... :(

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

He's increased the national debt by 10x higher than it's ever been (to be fair, part of that precident started in months prior to the election, but he ran with it in a large way) and promised to cut it in half by the end of his first term (to 5x). He's planning to socialize medicine, but claims that the private sector will be able to compete when the public insurance is set to cater to people who can't otherwise afford insurance. He put on a "presentation" about it with hand-picked questions and reporters who wouldn't ask follow-up questions.

He's managed to upset both France and England and has North Korea threatening (empty to be sure) to wipe the US of the map.

He just passed one of the largest tax increases in a long time without even having to call it a tax increase.

As a celebrity and a politician, he's doing a great job, but as a president, he's increased the size of government more than any president since Roosevelt. Social Security is the largest Ponzi sceme ever and Medicare and Medicade are where about half of our federal tax dollars go, but I suppose they both provide a service, so if you think that those were good ideas, then Obama is probably a great president.

Honestly, whether or not you think Obama is a good president largely depends on how large you think government should be.

Melkor

I'm not so sure, Obama may be spending a bunch of money but at least we'll get a couple of trains and bridges for it and perhaps some health care. I myself could use some of that socialized medicine although it actually seems more unlikely by the day. Not too mention that real "socialized medicine" is completely off the table.

Bush and the Republicans spent money like drunken sailors for 8 years and we have nothing to show for it.

Also, I assume you mean deficit and not debt. Obama may be a big spender but he didn't spend 10x the national debt, I'd have heard about a hundred and ten trillion dollar spending package.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I should start by saying that I did vote for him. I am in the process of applying for admission to a university (just procrastinating on writing this essay so that I can send the thing in). I got my Associate of Sciences last year and want to major in chemistry and eventually actually do something in organic chemistry. I'm not positive that it will happen, but I think I have a decent shot at it. And if I want to have as good a shot as I can, well, I want funding for this stuff.

I suppose that I can sympathize somewhat with qualms toward "larger" government, but in this case, my own self-interest comes into play, so I'm a bit biased.

Aside from all that, well, I don't know. Could be better, could be worse. I guess he's been better than I expected, although I'm not even sure that I remember precisely what I expected.

E

EricBess

Melkor;284850 said:
Also, I assume you mean deficit and not debt. Obama may be a big spender but he didn't spend 10x the national debt, I'd have heard about a hundred and ten trillion dollar spending package.
Sorry, yes. I mean deficit.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Blah, Blah, Blah...... I gave the Shrub some time to see what he could do and Obama gets the same treatment......

When the economy gets back in gear.... hopefully, then his policy can be compared to the last 8 years.....

T

train

He's suckin it up...

Programs being passed are not efficient, nor will they bring greater benefit than risk... A wash is a wash... all that's left is to dry...