The final phase

Ferret

Staff member
Um, I know we're close to getting the page up, but I need to know who's going to be helping to get the domain going - I've never done this kind of thing before... I have the money to set it up, but what am I supposed to do w/ it?

BTW, Mike and Jimmy, how is the site going? Haven't heard much from anyone lately...

-ferret

"...goals are good - they help drive you mad..."

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Site's comin' along pretty well. This damn members list is annoying me... its just so tedious and boring. Jimmy sent me the articles, but I'm not gonna put 'em up until the domain is hosted. I am going to set up a "joining" form with some questions, but I'm not gonna do that until I know the tech specs about the NewWave site. Being on Hypermart and NewWave are totally different when it comes to CGI scripts. And we need the mission statement. That should clear up everything. Until Baron (not pushing) gets me the statement, I'll just put up the email we sent.

And Ferret, I'll be setting the domain up, but my parents (I'm only 15 to those who don't know) want you to send a check so that it is indeed you who gets reinbursed. I'm gonna drop you an email in a few...

And to everyone: The domain will be www.casualplayers.org... its not up yet--not even registered--so don't bother trying it.

-mike

Ferret

Staff member
Cool. Just got/replied to your email. This should get the proverbial ball rolling. Thanks for the help and your check is on the way...

-ferret

"...Jimmy, I may to tweak the article a little - a few names might be in the wrong places..."

B

Baron Sengir

What kind of questions will you be asking on the joining form, just out of curiosity.

I remain
The Baron
The best defense is to not get hit.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
As a matter of fact, I think I'll ask that! No, just kidding.. I really haven't put much thought into it. Well, let's see..
We need name, alias and e-mail for the members list.
We need to know if this about them actually wanting to join, or just an inquiry. (I'll set up checkboxes for that)
Any questions about our organization?
Comments?

Uhh, that's all I can really think of off the top of my head. Anything else?

-mike

Ferret

Staff member
Personaly, I'd like part of the form should be what set they started with. It would be nice to know the demographics that will be reading our material...I enjoy waxing nostalgic, but I want to make sure that I'm not alienating most of my readers...

-ferret

"Lotus? Sure, I got twelve of them - best card printed in Tempest!"

W

Waubers

How about gender and age? Also just out of curiosity do we have any female members?

Waubers

Ferret

Staff member
Hmmm, interesting point. I know there are some female Magic players. Virtualy everyone in my old gaming group had a girlfriend or wife that played and it's safe to assume of the extreme minority that is female players a majority of them are casual players...

-ferret

"...Oh yeah? Well, my girlfriend can kick your wife's ass any day!"

W

Waubers

Oh and verdant force was the best creature in tempest and lotus was the best artifact but telethopter was a close second.

Waubers

Feel the saproling beatdown!

N

nekrataal

Ok, how about questions on favorite cards? Someone may have posted this already, but I'm too tired to read all the posts right now.

Don't get me started on Verdant Force. That thing is a beast in multiplayer. Once, I had an Oathed out a 3rd turn Verdant Force in a 4 player game! Oh, memories...

-nekrataal
"Wait! You get all the Saprolings?! Thats it I quite..."