the Cloak & Spirit Link

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Captain Caveman, Dec 1, 2000.

1. Captain Caveman New Member

I have a few somewhat silly questions but I want to be sure I'm playing things right.

1st)If I Spirit Link my _opponents_ creature who gains the life? (Me right?)

Spirit Link
    "Whenever enchanted creature deals combat damage, you gain life equal to the damage dealt this way."

2nd) If I Armadillo Cloak my _opponents_ creature who gains the life? (me right?)

Armadillo Cloak
    "Enchanted creature gets +2+2 and has Trample."

"Whenever enchanted creature deals damage, you gain that much life."

3rd) If my _opponent_Misdirects a Link or Cloak onto his or here creature, who gains the life?
  2. nodnarb24 Supreme Overlord/The Rat King

All three: You gain the life
  3. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

Right.
    In all cases, you still control the enchantment; so you gain the life.

The same applies if an opponent uses Crown of the Ages (or something like it) to move the enchantment from one creature to another. It's still your enchantment.
  4. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

Question: Do I die if a creature of his that I spirit linked hits me?
  5. Captain Caveman New Member

Re: Duel
    I probably shouldn't do this because I'm usually wrong but here goes..................

When the creature_deals_the damage it goes on the stack and triggers the life gain before the damage
    is_dealt_to the player. Does that make any sense?

If my guess is correct than you would live.
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I'm pretty sure you're wrong, CC...

I think we had this discussion before in here about Spirit Link in general. The damage goes on the stack but isn't actually DEALT yet; when it's dealt (and usually the stack is done with at that point), you take the hits and THEN Spirit Link triggers.

Like when you put 5 damage on the stack and then cast Healing Salve, you end up taking 2 so you only gain 2, not 5. But you TAKE the 2 first before gaining the 2, so you could die.
  7. Captain Caveman New Member

......and thats why I shouldn't try to answer rules questions....

Re: Spiderman

Sounds good to me.