Terror will be reprinted!

N

Notepad

A hint was just dropped in today's Ask Wizards:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/askwizards/0803

>> "Terror and Lightning Bolt can both be reprinted (most commons are eligible to be repeated). They just haven't been in some time."

Bolt they would never reprint, but Terror is just the right power level to see print again. This is a blatant hint, MTG.com-style.

N

Nightstalkers

I can easily see them reprinting Terror with black so powered up. But when they relabel Urza's Armor as a rare, they step over a fine line.

Oh, and Mana Leak's reprinting is just plain evil.

N

Notepad

You think Terror is gonna be uncommon?

The same way Rain of Blades is just an uncommon Sandstorm?
The same way they printed a red Howl From Beyond as uncommon?

Or you think it will be a rare? The way Rukh Egg had been?

Ferret

Staff member
Well, all things considered I'd hate to get Terror as a rare. It would be just as bad as getting a Lace as a rare from Revised. There are much more efficient cards out there for creature removal (Swat, et al) and usually if you need a card like Dark Banishing you have the mana available by the time they have creatures out too big to be affected by Swat...

...It just isn't necessary to reprint it.

-Ferret

"Now for fun: Dark Ritual as a rare!"

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

They'll probably reprint Elves as rare at some point...

That way the Birds collectors can have an unnecessarily rare green mana producing card to hock instead of Birds, which shouldn't be in 8th anyway.

Then you can use your rare Terror on it... but what if I have a rare Raise Dead! Better use another rare Terror against my rare Goblin Hero so I can't recover very fast....

N

Notepad

Good one, Thallid, as there actually are rare Mons Goblin Raiders and Goblin Heroes out there, from a Starter game.

N

Nightstalkers

Hmm... the big BoP'er has been in every edition (Core?) since Alpha. So has Nightmare.

Are they trying to make all of Urza's crap rare or something? FNM became rediculous when I saw a guy trade eight rares for 8 urza's lands last time I was there.

But it really pisses me off that they should make Urza's Armor (a card which I have about 8 Urza's Saga of) Rare, and put it in starter decks.

C

Chaos Turtle

Overreacting, overreacting.

Terror won't be a rare. If it is, I'll eat one.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another case of where I think you're reading too much into it, SeFRo. I believe the only reason why the answer contains Terror and Bolt is because the question specifically mentioned the two. Otherwise, it's a straightforward answer: the reserved list mostly comprises of rares that will never be reprinted. Commons aren't on it, so they are eligible (but some never will be, like Bolt).

And Urza's Armor was in Starter decks; I have the Pestilence deck from Urza's block that has them in it. They may not have been rare, but then, one shouldn't be buying starter deck solely for the cards in them.

T

train

one shouldn't be buying starter deck solely for the cards in them
Actually - I'd go buy quite a few judgement pre-cons for the cards in them...

Mirari's Wakes, and Crush of Wurms were decent pulls...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess what I was trying to say was that you can buy them for the cards, but don't use that as a basis of complaint for commonality. :)

Killer Joe

I like Pre-cons because they're great right out of the box. But a few years back I walked into the store to buy the last pre-con Apocalypse deck to complete my collection (Swoop UG) and it was GONE because of Mystic Snake.

I agree, you really shouldn't buy pre-cons for the cards but if you do so without knowing the contents of the pre-con, don't complain, you were really buying a Lottery ticket from Wiz Co.

~Mark

T

train

you were really buying a Lottery ticket from Wiz Co.
That's the every day life story of Magic buyers out there...

"We do improve our chances by buying boxes though..."

N

Nightstalkers

But don't worry guys, even if Terror and the Lightning Bolt (OF GOD!) are not reprinted, we have some goodies like Karma, and Intruder Alarm.

But for the life of me, I have no idea what to do with Intruder alarm away from my just lovable Thopter Squadron :(

Oh, and something I thought might interest you guys. The card shop I am now haunting is selling an older Fungasaur for $1, and an 8th for $5

:D :p

T

train

Nightstalkers - do they have any packs for sale?... older sets in particular...

N

Nightstalkers

They have:

The Dark, Alliances, Urza's Saga, Legions, Onslaught, Chronicles, Fallen Empires, Urza's Destiny, Antiques, and some more.

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Spiderman
Here's another case of where I think you're reading too much into it, SeFRo. I believe the only reason why the answer contains Terror and Bolt is because the question specifically mentioned the two.
I do read into to stuff way too much. Then again, that is the way of MTG.com. They drop hints everywhere, then cry like cheese-grater sodomy victims about spoilers. (huh?) For sure Terror is coming back, but the Bolt will not see print again until they reprint the other classics like the Power Nine (if that will ever happen...all signs point to NO BASE BELONG TO LOTUS).

>> They may not have been rare, but then, one shouldn't be buying starter deck solely for the cards in them.

Without knowing the contents, no. I like the contents of precons I buy, like the 8E blue deck (since I wanted an 8E flying deck and didn't want to buy too many packs) and the Judgment Phantom deck (oooh boy that deck is fun!).

But definitely never buy unless one wants the cards inside and they know what they are, or one has too limited a budget to make a deck from other means.

N

Nightstalkers

I baught the 8E blue precon for the rares, lands, and Sage Owl.